Role Purpose: NEOM Authority is aiming to disrupt the existing models and set a new standard for governance in the world. It will institutionalize the Authority of the Future, which is Digitally native, adaptive, Lean, and Citizen / Business-centric. To achieve this ambitious roadmap, the Manager of Policy and Planning Energy under the Senior Manager Policy and planning will be required to lead in the establishment of the NEOM Authority functions for Energy Planning, Market Structures, and Energy Security, Resilience, and Reliability. These functions need to be established in a time-critical manner whilst meeting the NEOM objectives of being lean and efficient whilst disrupting the excepted norms.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
Coordinate with all relevant sections within the NEOM company and Authority with a strong emphasis on the NEOM Energy and Water Co. and the Infrastructure function of the Authority. Build strong relationships with KSA bodies, particularly with the Ministry of Energy, Ministry of Industry, and WERA. Ensure the strategic planning and markets design, coupled with regulations and policies enable the energy sector to establish itself and attract investment in Energy and the wider industry to make NEOM the best place in the world to live and do business whilst achieving the goals of a sustainable zero carbon region and existing in harmony with nature. Ensure NEOM builds a robust Energy sector based on the following:
Energy activities regulations and policies
- Establish a regulatory framework to govern energy Markets and Quality of supply issues
- Establish the rules and procedures relating to Markets and the Quality of supply
- Ensure no regulatory leeks by use of broad regulatory capability
- Ensure regulatory alignment with other functions and departments on relevant topics
Energy technology & standards
- Ensure the required technical standards are established promptly
- Set the Energy quality standards
- Adopt innovative standards and processes to drive efficiencies
- Set the standards for the security of Energy supply
- Ensure the policies encourage and drive investment
- Supervise the publication of relevant technical white papers related to the Energy Markets and Quality of Supply
- Represent NEOM at relevant conferences and tradeshows to make it more attractive to investors
- Attend industry workshops
- Organize technical roundtables regularly at NEOM
- Contribute to NEOM content regarding Energy innovations
- Promote Energy’s activities’ awareness throughout NEOM and socialize all innovative aspects
Energy Technology Alignment and Investment(s)
- Maintain strong relationships with officials from the base economy entities, particularly MoE/ WERA
- Liaise with Department of Communications Divisions, especially with Communication Infrastructure head
- Engage with partner startups and JV companies
- Liaise with user groups and relevant NEOM-based industry organizations
- Represent NEOM at relevant local and international organizations
- Collaborate with Research institutions and Universities, Accelerators, and Incubators
- Fund research and technological advancements in Energy tech
BACKGROUND, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Degree in Energy, engineering, and management or a related field.
- 8- 12 years of experience in Energy related leading roles in regulation or operations, with some background in emerging technology or policy projects
- 7 plus years of supervisory experience in public or private sector organizations in project management, operations, and energy programs including effective management of large budgets and regulatory compliance
- Demonstrated experience in policy creation and execution of energy policies is preferred
Qualifications and Experience
Essential aspects of the desired Mindset:
- Purpose-driven and pioneering mindset – drives change and introduces innovative solutions
- Fully understands NEOM’s vision as an Accelerator of Human Progress and is excited and motivated to help deliver this vision
- Aligned to NEOM values
- A Dreamer AND a Doer – capable of implementing plans to make dreams a reality
- Free Accommodation.
- Free Laundry and housekeeping.
- Free transportation.
- 2 flights per month domestic round trip.
- 1 Annual Travel Allowance.
- Relocation Flight.
- Free Meals ( breakfast, lunch, dinner ).
- Schooling – 60K SAR per child up to 3 children.
- Bonus 20-30% annual (performance based).
- Savings Plan ( Long-term incentive plan ).
- Medical insurance ( VVIP health coverage), for Employees, Family & Parents.
- Annual Leave 30 working days annual.
- Remote Working 24 working days annual.