Manage the financial accounting and reporting activities within ENOWA, by preparing and reviewing consolidated financial statements, managing payment activities for third parties, monitoring the accuracy of the general ledger to ensure the financial integrity of ENOWA financial information, and providing appropriate financial information for effective decision making
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Strategy Development and Planning
- Support the Finance Director in developing the department strategy and related strategic plans
- Monitor and measure implementation of the departmental strategy and related strategic plans to support the development of ENOWA from financial and accounting perspectives.
Financial Statements and Reports Development
- Develop and implement accounting and financial reporting systems to provide accurate and timely consolidated reports to meet the needs of ENOWA and NEOM and ensure that accounting and reporting systems are maintained by h IFRS accounting principles and NEOM accounting policies.
- Manage the preparation of periodic financial statements by ensuring the accurate recording of revenues, expenses, investments, provisions, and other transactions, while performing required account reconciliations and monitoring ENOWA performance against business goals including revenue and cash flows.
- Prepare critical financial reports and ad-hocanalysess for relevant stakeholders to ensure reporting accurate and timely information about ENOWA financial position to support the the the decision-making process, governance, and compliance requirements.
Accounting Systems Management
- Manage a collection of timely approval and processing of revenues, expenditures, depreciation, amortization and provisions, general ledgers, account maintenance,e, and data entry.
- Manage the execution of central accounts activities in ENOWA to ensure that all payments, contracts, accruals, and related transactions are timely recorded contractual terms and conditions, internal and statutory controls, as well as appropriate international standards.
- Ensure timely and accurate cost allocation of all transactions/payments to the respective departments, to support accurate and efficient cost control.
- Manage the interface with shared services on all accounting, tax, and treasury matters.
- Manage the fixed assets accounting for ENOWA capitalized and non-capitalized assets to ensure all entries and amortization calculations are performed in a timely and accurate manner and, with the required supporting documentation.
Document Management and Control
- Manage the documentation of all accounting records, reconciliations, and accounting activities to ensure the accuracy and completeness of working papers, closing files, analysis, and results to support controls, findings, and recommendations.
- Build the team as required by the development of ENOWA activities and organize and supervise the work of the team to ensure that all work is carried out in an efficient and timely manner, and approved operating procedures and policies
- Develop team members by providing leadership, guidance, on-the-job training,g and development opportunities, while conducting knowledge sharing to facilitate the achievement of team objectives and completion of tasks in an efficient manner consistent with operating procedures, policies, and objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience in accounting, statutory consolidation, tax, financial management, and reporting or related fields
- Excellent IFRS knowledge
- Experience in coordinating internal and external audits
- Experience in the Middle East or KSA environment and in coordinating engagements of accounting, and financial advisors
- Ability to design and implement robust accounting processes and control activities
- Excellent organizational, time-management, logical reasoning, and numeric skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Works effectively on multiple activities, setting priority levels and service delivery standards
- Adapts to short timescales and changing deadlines ensuring high standards are not compromised under pressure
- Solutions based on strong planning, organizational and numerical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Experience in building and managing a strong team in a multicultural environment.
- Experience in Energy and Water Utilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related fields
- CFA or CPA
To apply for this job please visit careers.neom.com.