NEOM will be the benchmark for the world’s next-generation integrated port, supply chain & logistics ecosystem.
Working with NEOM and KSA authorities, you will oversee all communication for the ongoing management of the Customs and Documentation regulations and processes for the Freight Forwarding component of NEOM.
You will be part of our Freight Forwarding team and in charge of designing and implementing our Customs Clearance Team and Function, enabling our customers to optimize their supply chains through seamless customs clearance solutions.
You will define the roadmap, collect high-level business requirements from both Internal and External stakeholders and drive to establish a best-in-class and technologically advanced Customs Clearance team. You will work with carriers, importers, and exporters the governmental specialist to make sure goods are planned and transported in line with customs regulations from both KSA and NEOM.
You are a motivator and can create a stage to promote your initiatives. You are self-aware and can easily align with every level.
- Supervise and coordinate all communication with KSA and NEOM authorities
- Implement approved policies, procedures, and processes in line with governmental legislation
- Develop and implement a suite of customs services and products to be offered in NEOM
- Developing & maintaining own Customs knowledge, whilst contributing to the Customs & Product knowledge within the Freight Forwarding team and wider business
- Support in the day-to-day freight forwarding planning activities for customs and governmental affairs
- Reporting to the Head of Freight Forwarding
- Interface with appropriate governmental departments (KSA and NEOM) to work with them and ensure a good understanding of customs and other governmental processes within the scope of the freight forwarding function
- Develop a team capable of Processing Full Customs Entries; Checking & Monitoring Customs Entries; Clearing Customs Procedures including entry instructions; Orchestrating the import & export documentation process where applicable; Managing/Interface with customs brokers and resolving service and other issues; Managing rebate processes
- Design and Manage processes supporting customs entry preparation & instructions. Chasing customers for documentation Dealing with queries
- Manage to liaise with shipping lines and port operators
- Document customs compliance and certification requirements. Developing & maintaining own Customs knowledge & products, whilst contributing to the Customs & Product knowledge for the wider business
- Ensure compliance with all governmental regulations and processes on both especially import and export transactions.
- Provide in-house guidance/knowledge on governmental affairs
- Preferably a master’s degree in logistics, supply chain management, or business administration
- At least 10-15 years of experience in government affairs and ideally known with freight forwarding
- Understanding of freight forwarding within Saudi Arabia, preferably including local clearing, and forwarding
- Must have experience in processing customs clearances within the GCC region
- Solid knowledge of governmental affairs with KSA
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to multitask with maintained accuracy and productivity
- Must be an effective confident communicator with governmental stakeholders.
- Excellent Arabic verbal and written skills required
To apply for this job please visit career23.sapsf.com.