|Position||Design Director (Hotels)||Job Code|
|Reports to||Head of Hotels||Direct Reports||Project Design Managers|
|Role Purpose||The role of the Design Director is to lead the asset development for NEOM’s Hotels Sector and provide support for other sector key assets. This is a boundary pushing, pioneering project that will embody the imagination and vision that NEOM stands for. This role will lead and manage all aspects of the project, from Strategic feasibility evolution through all stages of the project lifecycle and to final completion, delivery and operational handover.|
|KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES|
|Planning, Budget and Strategy|
- Lead all key stages of the Development:
- Development Strategy
- Master Planning & Asset Briefs
- Design & Tendering
- Construction & Handover
- Responsibility for all start-up, strategy, design and planning of the project across all functions.
- Develop strategic feasibility business cases development and presentation to all key stakeholders.
- Achieve desired outcome of securing the project successful advancement through the various review and approval phases
- Manages overall construction and startup cost to meet established budgets.
- Lead the master planning and development of the roadmap
- Full financial planning and budgeting for all aspects of the project
- Oversee performance and risk management
- Asset and contract management, ensuring full operational compliance
- Develop scope of work for construction packages.
- Reviews the construction design packages and make the necessary changes as required.
- Selects requirements for construction contractors.
- Technical review of contractor’s submittal and construction schedule analysis and implementation.
- Selects appropriate construction methods and strategies
- Reviews, analyzes, and reports monthly on project construction budget, schedule, productivity and quality performance and takes appropriate action to intervene return the project to plan.
- Directs implementation of established project controls processes and procedures
- Leads the site construction team.
- Directs implementation of project quality assurance procedures and is responsible for ensuring that the established level of quality is achieved.
- Directs implementation of project field materials management procedures.
- Directs change order management for subcontracts.
- Articulates and implements strategic constructability concepts during detailed design and lead teams to incorporate into final design
- Manage a range of external third party suppliers to adhere to high operational standards of design and construction.
- Mentor and develop the internal project team
- Work with all internal stakeholders to achieve mutual desired outcomes and through a collegiate and collaborate approach.
|BACKGROUND, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS|
|Knowledge, Skills and Experience|
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering
- Construction Project Management Systems
- Excellent command of oral and written communication in English 20 years of hospitality projects construction experience in reputable companies
- Professional in construction related software (primavera, AutoCAD etc.)
- Project budgeting process and tools
- Professional in Project controls policies and procedures
- Risk assessment policies and procedures
- Working in an environment with people of different backgrounds, races and nationalities
- Developing business cases
- Degree, MSc
- 20+ years successfully leading and delivering global, design and construction projects within Hospitality
- Relevant industry qualifications
|COMMUNICATION – MAIN STAKEHOLDERS|
|Regional and sector heads|
Projects and Urban Design
|Architectural firms, design & construction companies, masterplanners, engineers, Content companies,|