· Accountable for the design deliverables to all NEOM projects
· Accountable for the approval of design from concept to IFC
· Accountable to manage the RFI process in timely schedule
· Directs and oversees a team of consultants, designers and drafters in 2D & 3D design platforms.
· Develops, implements, and manages the design strategy.
· Ensures drawings and designs are completed on time and adhere to the established specifications and standards.
· Monitors the bid or proposal process for design to ensure organizational goals are met.
· Leading project meetings
· Leads internal and external design teams
· Liaising with other teams and departments, including statutory approval design requirements
· Making sure that design information is available to those who need it, when they need it
· Maintaining thorough documentation of all processes
· Keeping up to date with changing legislation and codes of practice to ensure compliance
· Instruct Consultants to undertake strategic designs and critique of outline
· Assists in evaluation of Contractors Proposals, ensuring they are complete and unambiguous
· Assist in the appointment of design consultants’ scope of works and the design management plan, ensuring they are agreed and fully understood by all parties
· Ensure the design has been reviewed on all projects with respect to mitigating Health and Safety, design and buildability issues prior to construction and ensure that hazards are noted on relevant drawings at each stage of their production
· With all relevant parties, produce and manage a realistic design programme and information required schedule to satisfy design, procurement and construction requirements
· Manage and report on design and designer progress, quality and performance
· Provide input into the design team PDR’s
· Support the implementation of continuous improvement schedule and innovation plans.
· Reviews potential innovation and value engineering solutions
· Brief and engage Specialist Consultants/suppliers to undertake specialist reports for planning, then review and critique and manage risks to resolution.
· Review and Critique during each Stage the Consultants strategic designs + ensure co-ordination
· Review and Critique the Tender Documentation (Inc RDS and Management Strategies etc),
· Record information onto the document management system as the information is created and inform others
· Obtain, review and critique various proposals from specialist Subconsultants