The Solution Architect will thrive in a fast-paced continuous delivery engineering environment. He/she understands the challenges of modern software development, the importance of testing and quality, and believes in data-driven decision making all while inspiring the team. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of working with engineering, product management, and senior leaders to introduce and embed world-class product development and architecture in ENOWA.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
• Plan, execute, and manage solutions of applications into the existing applications portfolio.
• Work with digital teams and business analysts to understand business needs and develop solutions.
• Create and maintain current- and target-state application architectures.
• Define and manage standards, guidelines, and processes to govern solutions.
• Track industry (Energy and Water) trends and recommend enterprise solutions and modifications to accommodate users’ needs, functions, and business processes.
• Partner with product owners to align the product and solution roadmap with the technical design and strategy.
• Identify gaps in available solutions and work on remediation strategies to minimize the impact
on various existing landscapes.
• Covers primarily but not limited to Micro Services, API and Service Oriented Architecture, AI and ML integration, Kafka, Data management, IoT, and DevSecOps,…
• Willing to learn and explore other SA domains (Data, Infrastructure, Cloud, …)
• Act as delegate authority for the Lead Enterprise Architect.
Education & Experience
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or related
• Experience in enterprise solution technologies and toolsets
• Experience in architecture patterns and software design principles
• A thorough understanding of software development methodologies (Agile essential), values, and procedures
• Minimum of 15 years experience, in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical or infrastructure architecture, network management, application development, or cloud development with at least 10 years experience in solution architecture and implementation.
• Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, platforms, and processing environments
• Very good understanding of strategic new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
• String experience working with product management, agile principles and development methodologies and capability of supporting agile teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact, and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
• Experience working in the utilities or telecom industry is helpful, but not required.
• Experience developing architecture blueprints, strategies, and roadmaps
• Experience delivering presentations to senior-level executives and technical audiences
• Software architecture modeling and strong experience with technology stack (Microservices, Middleware, SOA/API, data management, Cloud)
• Led impact analysis/project effort estimation, design reviews against standards and reference architectures
• Knowledge about various microservices design patterns, IoT, ….
• Knowledge of and experience with multiple platforms (Asset management, CRM, Billing, Document Management, …)
• String experiences with DevSecOps tools and process
• Ability to convert business requirements to business processes and technical designs.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical information in a condensed manner to various stakeholders verbally and in writing.
• Adaptability and a willingness to learn new skills, technologies, and frameworks.
• Knowledge of various aspects of solution technology architecture like business, information, data, network, and security
• Understanding and knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies (such as waterfall, spiral, agile software development, rapid prototyping, incremental, synchronize and stabilize, and DevSecOps)
• Knowledge and understanding of different modeling languages (such as UML and ArchiMate)
• Strong knowledge of software standards, design patterns, and communication
• Excellent understanding of solution architecture and development methodologies, cloud computing, and network architecture
• Demonstrable experience in data integration, business process, and scripting.
• Strong proficiency in relevant coding languages (e.g. Java, C#, Python, SQL).
• Experience with system security technologies (certificates, Oauth, encryption, firewall, VPN, …).
• Ability to work with developers in an in-and-out outsourced environment
• Ability to regularly learn and adopt new technology
• Leadership experience and ability to direct teams and manage their work.
• Excellent analytical, planning, organizational and technical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Flexibility to work in the relatively unstructured environment of a start-up.
• Very good written and spoken English.
• Experience in utilities (renewable energy, water management, …) is a strong plus.
To apply for this job please visit careers.neom.com.