NEOM Energy Sector is looking for a Director to deliver the project management function related to GRID CAPEX initiatives in terms of governance, risk management, budget, schedule, quality, and health & safety, and progress reporting. The potential candidate should be highly experienced in managing a large team of project directors and managers, be familiar with different execution models in large infrastructure projects (EPC, EPCM, Alliance, etc), and must be an expert in leading complex electrical grid programs in the range of medium single-digit billion USD. He/she should have an excellent track record in having implemented modern and ideally digital project-controlling instruments in complex organizations.
Key Accountabilities and Activities
Management of Project Portfolio
- Analyzing together with his team contractual obligations that need to be managed by NEOM/ENOWA internally to fulfill major obligations in the timely delivery of projects.
- Following up on pending obligations and internal project management
- Proactive progress, cost, and schedule control of the supply chain partners selected.
- Interfacing with all relevant internal and external stakeholders needed for the timely delivery of assets under the CAPEX program.
- Proactive management of site safety standards in close cooperation with the ENOWA HQSE.
- Report on project-related implementation risks, providing input to risk management plans and risk analyses to the TSO management.
- Prepare relevant documentation, and reports, and maintain the databases required during the project implementation phase.
- Prepare presentations for the NEOM Energy executive management at different phases of TSO projects
- Develop all necessary official and unofficial communication channels to manage complex projects in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Tools and Processes
- Implement relevant project management and reporting procedures in alignment with NEOM, ENOWA, and Supply Chain Partner Processes up to full audit compliance
- Implement a fully integrated project schedule register, ideally based on PRIMAVERA that helps to forecast workloads, risks, and critical paths across the ENOWA program
- Introduce a risk-oriented project management process in ENOWA Grid.
- Develop together with ENOWA HQSE a Safety Management Process that fully integrates suppliers and fulfills the highest international standards.
- Integrate ENOWA Gird progress reporting in the NEOM C-Suite Progress Reporting
- Support ENOWA Management in the realization of its vision of leadership
- Inspire confidence and urgency within the group and foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Define, procure, and follow up on internal and external training initiatives for the team
- Recruit and develop the team of Project Managers and Directors further
Interfacing with Suppliers and Stakeholders
- Main Supply Chain Partners and Contractors (including Saudi Electric Company Group)
- Different NEOM departments
- External organizations such as SEC, KSA Government Agencies, Energy solution providers
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- A proven track record of dynamic and successful project management leadership in the power system and renewable energy sector
- Evidence of having managed large-scale power or renewable programs north of 2bnUSD
- Evidence of having managed large, multi-site power grid infrastructure/networks with complex stakeholder relations
- A proven track record of contract negation and techno-commercial proposal preparation
- Evidence of process improvement initiatives in the project management field.
- Comprehensive knowledge of standards, procedures, and grid codes including knowledge or affiliation with committees and regulatory organizations across the power sector globally
- A visionary mindset, ready to challenge and advance the energy sector
- Ability to undertake strategic thinking and application in a dynamic, fast-changing environment
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline preferably in electrical engineering
- Master in Business Administration and Project Management qualifications is a plus
- Minimum 20 years of relevant experience
- 10 of those in a leadership position in complex project management
To apply for this job please visit careers.neom.com.