NEOM’s Authority is aiming to disrupt the existing models and set a new standard for governance in the world. As the Authority of the Future takes shape, it will focus on being “digitally native,” adaptive, lean, and citizen/business-centric. To achieve this ambitious roadmap, the Director of the Mobility Department will lead the NEOM Authority Mobility Department, including managing the Department’s activation and implementation of the NEOM Mobility Law, Regulations, and Directives. The position requires organizing, planning, directing, and managing the various activities to create an effective and efficient regulator policy, regulatory, and R&D department, effectively integrating the 3 offices of Land, Sea, and Air. The work involves responsibility for managing and making decisions on regulatory and institutional policies and managerial problems, formulation of budgets, implementation plans, and strategies, institutional arrangements, business processes, and instruments.
This role will require extensive interaction with many national and regional government ministries, departments, and agencies.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Develop an End-state operational model and future strategy for the NEOM Mobility Department which is highly efficient, maximizes the use of technology and automation, and outsources wherever appropriate while ensuring collaboration across the full Authority.
- Use global benchmarks to establish current best practices, headcount, and operating models, then go beyond these benchmarks to design an end state strategy with NEOM’s vision to Accelerate Human Progress
- Manage the activation of the Department in coordination with the NEOM Infrastructure Activation Team and the development of the NEOM Mobility Sector Operating companies; including the implementation of Laws and Mobility Regulations
- Oversees the preparation of policies, subordinate instruments of regulation, licenses and permits, and the processes for the efficient delivery of the regulations;
- Coordinate the appointment of Advisory Boards, where required, in alignment with activation planning and regulatory requirements;
- Formulate the NEOM Mobility Strategic Plan consistent with the requirements of Laws and Regulations;
- Prepares reports on Department activation, operations, and planned improvements;
- Establish policies, procedures, and methods for the operation and maintenance of regulatory systems, and direct and manage the work of the department’s employees;
- Coordinates with the interim NEOM Mobility sectors (Regional & Urban Mobility Company, Duba Port Operating Company, Neom Airline, Neom Airports) in their planning and development to ensure they will deliver on their obligations to NEOM customers; Examine relevant investment proposals prepared by these sector companies, and review their consistency with regulations, advise any modifications needed and ultimately determine acceptability.
- Represents the Department on various task forces and committees, including NEOM, Saudi Arabian, and international forums;
- Coordinate and plan regulatory processes and system interfacing between the Department and NEOM Mobility sector companies;
- Coordinates closely with other regulatory sectors including Environment, Municipal and Planning, Communications & Connectivity, and Energy in achieving the aims of the Department. The position will involve significant collaboration and coordination with the NEOM Mobility sector companies and the NEOM Authority during NEOM’s establishment phase;
- Works with all NEOM sectors in the development of regulatory systems and tools to ensure they are consistent with NEOM’s whole-of-government requirements and the Mobility sector strategy;
- Enacts audits to monitor and evaluate the performance of the NEOM Mobility sector companies and any other regulated entities as required by regulation, and participates in external audits as required;
- Motivates and mentors colleagues to excel in their roles and create a successful work culture consistent with the NEOM Values.
BACKGROUND, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Fifteen or more years of experience in public administration in the Mobility sector or similar.
- Experience in managing complex projects and providing advice to senior executives.
- Experience in the analysis of regulations, policy, and complex proposals
- Familiarity with providing advice and making determinations regarding compliance matters.
- Highly developed governance acumen and confidence to deal with contentious issues and resolve conflicts.
- Experience in developing and implementing policies and procedures.
- Ability to optimize solutions to a range of complex and often competing needs.
- Proactive in recognizing undesirable regulatory outcomes and developing new options.
- Excellent Ability to persuade and influence people at all levels in a large organization.
- Knowledge of quality & safety and the importance of risk management.
- The skills to manage and lead great projects and people, partners, and suppliers.
Qualifications and Experience.
Master’s degree in Public Policy, Aeronautics, Traffic management, Land Mobility, Business Administration, IT, or related field.
- Free Accommodation.
- Free Laundry and housekeeping.
- Free transportation.
- 2 flights per month domestic round trip.
- 1 Annual Travel Allowance.
- Relocation Flight.
- Free Meals ( breakfast, lunch, dinner ).
- Schooling – 60K SAR per child up to 3 children.
- Bonus 20-30% annual (performance based).
- Savings Plan ( Long-term incentive plan ).
- Medical insurance ( VVIP health coverage), for Employees, Family & Parents.
- Annual Leave 30 working days annual.
- Remote Working 24 working days annual.
To apply for this job please visit career23.sapsf.com.