· Establish the Projects Dept team and strategy for delivery of the Spine infrastructure – including the external Consultant support strategy. Implement the strategy into an Operating team.
· Oversee project implementation and execution through completion of construction at multiple sites
· Support Urban Planning Dept, the NEOM Sector Leads and the Regional Masterplanner in the development of the Regional Plan for NEOM, which is based on the Line (Spine) infrastructure. This includes key early decisions such as Mode of Transport.
· Manage all operational activities and be responsible for leading the activities related to the Spine Infrastructure under construction
· Provides strategic leadership for the Spine Infrastructure project execution team
· Responsible for oversight of the estimating of all elements of the Spine Infrastructure projects, including initial pro forma pricing, various levels of progress drawing pricing, through tracking construction cost to completion
· Contractor Selection and Preconstruction Services: Implement procedures for the selection of qualified contactors and negotiate contracts. Monitor all services to ensure compliance with contracts
· Responsible for the assembly and management of required teams of employees, consultants and contractors.
· Ensures that the Main Contract and Subcontracts are correctly administered, including agreement to the variations to the scope of work
· Oversees the planning and resource allocation of personnel throughout the project
· Continuous interface with urban planning departments, other sector heads and vendors.
· Develop relationships with consultants/contractors/vendors and evaluate their performance.
· Responsible for Risk Management and Oversight of entire Spine and Connector Infrastructure portfolio
· Take initial feasibility design over from Urban Planning (Regional Masterplanner) and develop design through concept and Schematic stages via various Engineering Consultancy contracts.
· Lead strategy in the establishment of an Executive Program Manager consultant that will be the NEOM ‘arms and legs’ for overall Line / Spine Program Controls and oversight during the full lifecycle – from Regional Masterplan, through Spine Infrastructure Design, Procurement and Execution through the Supply Chain.
· Review and provide input and recommendations on sustainability and green initiatives;
· Leads a senior team of Capital Planning, Senior Project Directors and Critical Building Systems Managers
· Highly collaborative with senior executives, NEOM departments and key external stakeholders to understand infrastructure requirements, challenges and opportunities
· Building and delivering best practices design and construction methodology
· Works very closely with the Procurement organization around vendor sourcing process and policies