Initially to design and develop safe and effective processes for the implementation of port systems as well as planning and execution processes of Gate Operations. The integration of these processes will be used to define the container terminal’s integration points as well as the creation of user test cases and training material for the T1 workforce. Significant testing, engagement with suppliers, and continuous process improvement across traditional, remote-operated, and autonomous functionality.
Ensures effective, standard, and safe Gate Operations of the Container Terminal through the design, development, training, and implementation of processes, interfaces, and applications. This position is also responsible for the continuous improvement projects Gate operational processes at Neom’s T1 Container Terminal.
- Design, develop, test, and implement efficient processes, SOPs, Work Instructions, visual aids, and training material for Gate Operations of Container Terminals
- Actively engage in the implementation of various port systems including TOS, GOS, OCR, and VBS throughout implementation phases prior to and post-go life
- Lead Gate Automation testing work streams to support implementation while delivering on milestone timelines, functional requirements, technology integration, and functional requirements inside budget
- Support automation and AI implementation by collaborating with suppliers during design, testing, installation, and commissioning activities. Including highlighting risks and identifying mitigation along the way in a constructive manner
- Support Automation and AI implementation through documentation and daily record keeping with status updates, roadblocks, failures, and support required to support automation implementation and supplier contract management
- Define, implement, and accomplish KPIs-based corrective actions and projects to increase productivity, efficiencies, quality, and safety alongside cost control
- Leading digital twin selection and implementation with internal and external counterparts to bug test and test operational scenarios in advance of live operations
- Define and run test cases to identify ceilings on gate operations and terminal performance and specific systems
- Define and run test cases to validate contracted system performance indicators
- Ensure all gate operations processes are well documented and updated to date, in line with Sea Mobility’s Business Process Programs
- Support the design and creation of implementation plans, including resource allocation
- Manage and monitor the Gate Operations process during operations to detect gaps, failures, or exceptions in the processes and follow up through resolution
- Collaborate with HSSE and development team to define and improve training plan to develop and improve the employee’s skills and knowledge to ensure the safest and most efficient container terminal operations (manual, semi-automated, and fully automated)
- Create, review, and periodic updating of risk assessment for the execution of all container terminal operations, as well as manage the implementation of every control defined to eliminate and/or control every risk
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures for health and safety at work
- Bachelor’s degree/preferably master’s degree in port and/or terminal management, or related business studies.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in container terminal operations as Process Controller, Supervisor/Manager, Planner, etc.
- Previous experience with container terminal implementations and startups.
- Process mapping and documentation process experience is a must (Microsoft Office, iGrafx, Visio, etc.)
- Expertise and understanding of conventional and semi-automated container terminal operations
- Previous TOS experience is a must.
- Ability to identify improvement strategies.
- Previous TOS, OCR, and VBS implementation experience.
- Experience training others.
- Trained and competent in a range of Lean and six sigma.
- Stakeholder management skills.
- Strong English language and effective communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit career23.sapsf.com.