- Responsible for managing the functional area of Data Management and Architecture. Develops new solutions for managing organization data including storage, archival, and backups. Sets new architecture standards and creates reference frameworks for the organization. Accountable for running critical services and maintaining service level agreements. Champions the “Enterprise Architecture” discipline and institutes its adoption within the organization by analyzing the total landscape and creating new models to reduce complexity and streamline functions
- The incumbent of the role will lead and manage all organization-wide data governance activities and will have responsibility for improving the quality and managing the protection of sensitive data and information assets
- Additionally, the incumbent will oversee the development of the Business Warehouse as well as Business Intelligence applications development and data analytics
- The incumbent will serve as a point of escalation for governance, data quality and protection issues and will work closely with other Functional area leadership to improve the quality and value of core data assets, respond to regulatory protection requirements as well as support the strategic requirements of sectors across NEOM.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES
• Manage the development and delivery of the enterprise data governance program and philosophy while ensuring adoption throughout the organization
• Roll out an enterprise wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through development of policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture
• Put measures in place to ensure in a pro-active manner that all data collected is accurate, complete, consistent, timely and trusted data for the creation and ongoing maintenance of smart solutions
• Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal information assets
• Serve as a liaison between NEOM and its Sectors to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning
• Develop & maintain inventory of the enterprise information dictionaries, including systems, data definitions, owners etc.
• Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across NEOM
• Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities across all sectors of NEOM
• Consult with other data stewards and different stakeholders to recommend improvements and/or additions to policies and standards
• Categorization and standardization of data using best practice classification techniques
• Oversee the development of the Business warehouse by defining processes and methodologies that will address the movement and consolidation of data within and between data stores, applications and organizations across NEOM. Ensure data is integrated, consolidated and transformed into a consistent form
• Balance security and free access to information for decision making through the Open Data Portal
• Help management and other stakeholders across NEOM make informed decisions by providing valuable data insights and turning data into actionable information for descriptive, predictive and prescriptive purposes
• Resolve issues escalated from different sectors data governance stewards
• Provide progress reports to management and oversee periodic updates to the Data Governance Roadmap and data analytics
• Identify new business opportunities pertaining to the use of information assets to achieve efficiency and effectiveness across NEOM and represent data as a strategic business asset at the Senior Management table
• Performs other duties and special projects within the range of skills normally associated with this type of position, as required.