The Manager, Network Architecture is responsible to upper management and top management for the strategic development of the network infrastructure of the enterprise. The position gathers the business requirements and objectives necessary to produce a blueprint for an integrated, large-scale, complex, global network, and subsequently translate them into functional requirements for a network design. In addition, the Manager, Network Architecture clearly communicates, and advocates proposed network architectures to technical and non- technical audiences.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES
· Lead creation and evolution of architecture at strategic level
· Analyze technology and industry market trends
· Establish governing principles for networks
· Recommend technology and products for potential deployment
· Identification of organization resource needs (permanent or short term)
· Lead the development of communication and education plan for network architecture
· Assess, Prioritize, Qualify and Quantify network initiatives to align with business objectives
· Develop complex technology services and/or consulting solutions
· Direct multi-million-dollar initiatives
· Collaboration with other solution architects and security practice technical leaders to identify, prioritize, and address salient issues. Visibility and transparency for leadership efforts to be appropriately provided.
· Applies raw analytical power to solving new problems within broadly defined constraints. Exercises judgment in obtaining results, utilizing the support of senior team members and management when needed.
· Solves most assigned problems and some cross-organization problems independently, using professional knowledge, sound judgment, and university policy and procedure.
· Clearly applies creativity in tackling complex issues to create effective and lasting solutions.
· Understands the business impact of problems and their solutions
· Perform all the relevant services independently, leading a team of engineers across multiple technical disciplines where architectural and total solution perspective is required, and participating as a deep technical expert on a multitude of technological areas including a range of technologies.
· Stay engaged through the whole project and services lifecycle to ensure continuity and successful delivery.
· Provides strong horizontal (broad) expertise to designs with consultants and deployment teams for medium to large enterprise customers.
· Evaluates and presents alternative solutions, effectively influencing outcomes. Act as a technical resource for peers within the advanced and emerging technologies.
· Correlates business issues around technology and processes and can create an architectural solution specific to a given customer or segment.
· Able to articulate vision from a technical to executive audience.
· Works across broad team of engineers and ensures a systems approach to the integrity of the customer solution which includes multiple technologies across the network and application layers.
· Liaises with service providers and network systems equipment providers to maintain currency and network trends.