The Mobility Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialist will play a key role in the planning of the mobility and transportation networks and systems throughout NEOM. This role will primarily function as a mobility planner with a strong focus on GIS (Geographic Information System) and GIT (Geographic Information Technology). This position will be responsible to plan, assign, and review analysts’ and developers’ work on NEOM’s Regions and Land mobility projects.
The Mobility GIS Specialist will work closely with all of NEOM’s regional Master planners, Urban designers, and Mobility planners, including the Line, and help integrate them into a Neom-wide mobility plan while also enabling the planning of mobility network solutions via GIS modeling.
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
- Provide mobility and land use planning data analysis and visualization for NEOM’s mobility systems of all types and modes.
- Assist in the creation of technical reports related to urban mobility projects across NEOM that condense complex issues into engaging maps, infographics, and other media
- Liaising with all respective stakeholders (externally and internally) to ensure proper maintenance, documentation, and quality and validity of data. This role will be a key part of the team’s mapping and illustrative process.
- Prepare a GIS management system and GIS business process for all work in the NEOM Land Mobility sector in line with all NEOM Regions’ masterplans.
- Deliver and support GIS data and GIS services to NEOM’s Mobility teams such as the Operation team, Autonomous Vehicles team, Demand Model team, Water Mobility team, Vertical Mobility team, NEOM projects, NEOM Regions Proponent, and Region’s consultants, and the other respective sectors.
- Support the creation of regional and urban mobility and land-use frameworks through spatial planning and mobility network planning.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to integrate and visualize creative mobility solutions within the broader context of urban mobility best practice
- Provide data entry, geocoding, analysis, validation, maintenance, and update of GIS (spatial and attribute) data for the region’s mobility system, mobility projects, land use, environment, and demography. Perform simple to complex mobility spatial analysis to assist NEOM’s Mobility team with information gathering and decision making, including the ability to create and run models in the GIS platform, write scripts using Python, and perform network, spatial, and 3D analysis.
- Manage mobility data and synchronization from various data and software sources within the GIS System to integrate all associated mobility data into a unified framework or platform.
- Establish mapping procedures and standards for all Land Mobility sector assets (it may include the condition and performance rating of the assets). Compose all forms of mobility facility mapping, including Land use maps, performance measures maps, thematic maps, and decision support maps.
- Provide information on existing and proposed mobility infrastructure facilities; respond to mapping and information requests by internal and external stakeholders, as required.
- Confirm that work is by NEOM strategy for GIS Enterprise systems
- Contribute to the development of GIS decision-making support systems
- Making periodic reports to management on GIS activities
- Build, maintain, and up-keep internal GIS running systems and sub-systems to continuously run live and inform the business without interruption.
Knowledge and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in a field related to land use and urban mobility planning, with demonstrated proficiency in geographic concepts and what GIS software can do
- A strong interest in all mobility modes, especially active mobility and transit systems
- A strong interest in planning concepts, such as land use, urban design, transportation policy/design, and economic development
- A strong interest in the creation of regional and urban mobility land-use frameworks through spatial planning and mobility network planning.
- Sound knowledge of spatial analysis for spatial and mobility planning
- Work-related or coursework experience with Esri ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, and ArcToolbox)
- An understanding of joins, relates, and database structures (tables, layers, relationship classes) is required, and working knowledge of network analyst tools is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in QGIS software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Acceptable knowledge of Traffic Demand Modeling software is highly preferable.
- Background in urban or transportation planning.
- Proficiency in R/Python, SQL, and/or Model Builder experience is a plus
- Skills in technical report writing.
- Skills in visual and graphic delivery.
- Skills in delivering presentations.
- Work experience in transportation organizations with fast-paced operational demands.
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Ability to analyze problems and situations and to present appropriate facts and recommendations concisely in written and oral form.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, system users, and the public.
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and planning skills
Education and Certifications
Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Geomatics Engineering, Urban and Regional Planning, computer science, geography, or Geographic Information Systems.
- Free Accommodation.
- Free Laundry and housekeeping.
- Free transportation.
- 2 flights per month domestic round trip.
- 1 Annual Travel Allowance.
- Relocation Flight.
- Free Meals ( breakfast, lunch, dinner ).
- Schooling – 60K SAR per child up to 3 children.
- Bonus 20-30% annual (performance based).
- Savings Plan ( Long-term incentive plan ).
- Medical insurance ( VVIP health coverage), for Employees, Family & Parents.
- Annual Leave 30 working days annual.
- Remote Working 24 working days annual.
To apply for this job please visit career23.sapsf.com.