To support NEOM Hydrogen and Green Fuels team’s Off-grid Hydrogen Power Director in the development, procurement, implementation, execution, and delivery of Hydrogen-based energy, remote electrification, and gas supply solutions for decentralized projects.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Strategy Development & Execution
- Assist in the development and execution of Hydrogen and Green Fuel energy-related business models
- and implementation plans.
- Research and analyze key technology market and industry trends, macroeconomic trends, as well as
- potential partners and customers.
- Identify internal and external risks and dependencies for new business models and support Off-Grid
- Power Director develops mitigation plans
- Provide support to Identify KPIs & regularly assess business performance against NEOM Hydrogen
- Department’s strategic plan is to ensure that all issues are proactively actioned for resolution.
- Provide ad hoc support to business development managers for strategy formulation and enhancement
Technical Designs and General Engineering Activities
- Assist in technology appraisals for primary and backup energy systems, for both grid-parallel and islanding energy infrastructure solutions.
- Provide support to Off-grid Power Director in the development of hybrid hydrogen-based energy solutions including solar-hydrogen coupling, hydraulics analysis, E-Fuels energy carriers for remote sites, rapid response energy storage technologies, and dispatch electrification infrastructures.
- Assist Off-Grid Power Director in the technical design development of engineering projects (Stage 1 to 4), including design reviews, production of technical specifications, FEED, permit scheduling, preparation of Scope of Works, and Basis of Designs.
- Provide support to internal NEOM and external stakeholders before and during project implementation and execution phases, including preparation of compliance reports, costs estimations, and variations schedules, Health & Safety assessments, permits acquisition, Initial Asset Brief (IAB)
- Provide support in designs of process flow diagrams (PFDs), Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), schematic designs, energy and mass balance calculations, and plant sizing and technical specifications.
- Provide general support to the Hydrogen team and other stakeholders during project tender stages and general procurement activities, including preparation of Requests for Proposals and Quotations (RFPs, RFQs), review of vendors’ submittals and project execution schedules, Vendors KPIs forms.
- Provide support to Off-Grid power Director and Hydrogen Mobility team in the development of sustainable hydrogen and E-Fuel-based mobile electrification solutions, design and implementation of pressurized gas supply and storage equipment, and fuel logistics strategies.
- Develop general compliance statements and risk assessment schedules in-line with local and international regulations and standards, NEOM Plan of Work, and NEOM Codes and Standards.
- Provide technical support for site visits and site surveys, engage with Local Authorities and partner organizations (e.g., National Grid, Saudi Electric Company)
- Provide support on Hydrogen-based energy assets life cycle assessments and management plans
- Provide support in managing and reviewing Engineering Consultant’s Contracts, Work packages and
- preparation of Work Orders.
Research & Innovation and Business Development
- Support the Off-Grid Power Director in research and development activities for further expansion of the Hydrogen-based energy solutions portfolio, including close engagement with major industry technology manufacturers and suppliers
- Participate in the development and deployment of innovative and emerging technologies on pilot projects within and outside NEOM.
- Collaborate with external professional and research organizations (e.g., KAUST, Aramco) to test emerging technologies and support the development and implementation of external business partnerships and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in energy engineering consulting or another directly related field (international experience preferred, but not essential)
- Good knowledge of IPP/PPA schemes, Concession agreements, Design & Build (D&B), BOO/BOT/BOOT frameworks
- Good knowledge of RIBA Plan of Work, ACE Schedule of Services for large-scale projects, and some background in FIDIC contracts
- Knowledge of ESCO models, District Energy infrastructure planning, and energy management
- Strong background knowledge of renewable energy technologies
- Ability to use Industry approved energy and infrastructure planning toolkits, renewable energy simulation packages, engineering design software (e.g., OpenUtilities, PowerSystems, RETScreen, PVSyst, PVGIS, Aspen Hysys, EnergyPlus, Autodesk applications, etc.)
- Strong Mechanical & Thermal Engineering background, including knowledge of heat and mass transfer processes, pressurized equipment, pipe stress analysis, gas vessel specifications, and sizing and utilities flow assurance test procedures.
- Familiar with some background knowledge in electrical engineering designs, power generation, transmission and distribution infrastructure concepts, performing site electrical load demand estimations, and calculating energy requirements
- Good knowledge of project execution planning and construction projects contracts management
- Ability to work in a fast-growing, complex, and changing organization
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across a matrix organization
- Strong analytical interpretation with demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Strong presentation skills, presentation preparation, and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
Education & Experience
- Registered UK Incorporated or Chartered Engineer (CEng) or Professional Engineer (PE), EUR ING with a recognized International Engineering Council (essential).
- Full Member of a recognized Professional Institution (E.g., Energy Institute UK, CIBSE, IET, IEEE, ASHRAE, etc).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Energy Engineering, Chemical Engineering or relevant Energy related subject.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Energy Engineering (preferred, but not essential)
To apply for this job please visit career23.sapsf.com.