ENOWA is seeking an exciting new role for a Principal Engineer – Data, Communications, and Cyber Systems in the electricity transmission sector.
NEOM Energy plans to build and operate a robust and secure electricity transmission system within the NEOM region. It is of paramount importance that the system provides an excellent level of security to the local population.
In the role, the individual will advise with the specification, design, installation, and commissioning of an IT communications system that is secure, robust, and has excellent resilience. The system will include equipment level, substation level, system control room, and operations.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Lead in the area of data handling for electricity transmission projects, understanding liaison requirements for other stakeholders internal and external to ENOWA.
- Manage the standards and specifications of a communication system to operate at equipment, substation, and control room (operational level). Ensure that the system is robust and secure.
- Manage external communication systems to stakeholders outside of ENOWA, including generation and liaison with the incumbent Saudi grid operator.
- Ensure that the systems are secure, and provide redundancy and resilience to meet Saudi and international standards.
- Bring innovation and new ideas, increase security, reduce timescales, and introduce new technology.
- Consider low carbon producing options, renewable energy systems, intelligent systems.
- Liaise with relevant internal and external stakeholders to stay updated.
- Define strategy, process, and documents needed to achieve relevant requirements.
- Make proposals to improve the processes in ENOWA as needed.
- Develop formal relationships with relevant stakeholders including NEOM Security, Telecoms, Cyber, Data and IT divisions, NEOM authority, relevant government Ministries, Saudi Electricity Company/ National Grid, etc.
- Liaise with other divisions within ENOWA, including the water division to understand best practices and options for data and knowledge sharing.
- Organize regular exchanges as needed.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree holder in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- In-depth, multi-year experience in substation data and comms systems
- Beneficial to have experience in the electricity industry
- Is fully accountable for meeting allocated technical and project/supervisory objectives.
- Exercises substantial personal responsibility and autonomy.
- Plans own work to meet given objectives and processes.
- Influences organization, customers, suppliers, partners, and peers on the contribution of own specialism.
- Builds appropriate and effective business relationships.
- Makes decisions that impact the success of assigned projects i.e. results, and deadlines.
- Has significant influence over the allocation and management of resources appropriate to given assignments.
- Advises on the available standards, methods, tools, and applications relevant to own specialism and can make appropriate choices from alternatives.
- Analyses, designs, plans, executes and evaluates work to time, cost, and quality targets.
- Assesses and evaluates risk.
- Communicates effectively, both formally and informally.
- Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who have diverse objectives.
- Develops an understanding of the relevance of own area of responsibility/specialism to the NEOM organization.
- Well-developed IT skills across the Microsoft suite, accustomed to measuring, reporting, and presenting information.
- Takes initiative to keep skills up to date.
- Mentors colleagues.
- Maintains an awareness of developments in the industry.
- Outstanding English language skills, both orally and in writing, Arabic would be an advantage
To apply for this job please visit career23.sapsf.com.