|Power System Planning Engineer|
Energy, Water and Food
System Planning and Optimization
NEOM Energy is seeking to recruit experienced Power System Planning Engineers with demonstrated experience in EHV and HV network planning including RES integration. Several positions are available and will be commensurate with educational background and experience.
Power system planning engineers are expected to play a critical role in planning NEOM grid powered by 100% renewable energy resources, incorporating state-of-the art technologies to provide reliable and continuous power to NEOM customer.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Lead Power System planning activities to build NEOM network powered by 100% renewable energy resources
- To lead and support NEOM network planning activities such as transmission network planning, load forecasting and generation integration planning, and sharing planning activities and data with other NEOM Energy departments
- Represent Energy team in supporting NEOM Masterplan activities for planning various NEOM infrastructure projects
- Perform project cost estimates
- Review work packages at planning level
- Act as a subject matter expert within the team and provide expert opinion for power system planning related activities in coordination with project managers, project engineers, and other internal and external stakeholders
- Review relevant company’s design documents, standards, and material specifications
- Provide regular project brief and report to the manager
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with internal and external stakeholders, design team, utilities, and government organizations.
- Carry out design verification activities to ensure compliance with company requirements, codes and standards.
Planning and Strategy
- Help develop NEOM planning grid-code
- Proactively contribute to wider grid planning activities
Interfacing with government agencies and investors
- Actively engage with SEC and other stakeholders to further NEOM vision to achieve 100% RES powered network.
BACKGROUND, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proficient in one of the power system simulation tool such as PSSE, DIgSILENT or ETAP
- Good understanding and knowledge of main electrical equipment & systems.
- Good knowledge of design verification studies such as load flow, short circuit, stability and harmonic studies
- Good knowledge of Solar and Wind Power Plants and FACTS devices
- Knowledge in Energy Storage System will be a plus
- Knowledge of GIS system will be a plus
- Ability to work independently or with minimal guidance.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills,
- Very good knowledge of local and International Standards.
- Experience of handling land user permit and right of way issues
- Experience of
- Bachelor or master’s degree in power engineering with Minimum of 12-15 years of relevant design experience for Lead Engineer, 8-12 Years for Principal Engineer and 6-8 years for Senior Engineer
COMMUNICATION – MAIN STAKEHOLDERS
- Sector Heads/Executive Directors/Directors
- Own team and other teams across NEOM
- External partners, potential investors, and affiliates
- Governmental stakeholders