We are looking for project managers to coordinate all the power-related activities within the TSO Projects department to monitor project schedules and budgets and provide regular updates to teams and management.
He/She will ensure project planning is aligned with agreed strategic, financial, and operational targets, monitor project performance against these targets, and support performance management within the department. It would be beneficial if the person had experience in the construction or operations of underground substations.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Coordinate all project tasks within the department, ensuring that all targets are met on time and within budget.
- Determine the scheduling of different phases of a project based on established deadlines.
- Ensure that all procurement, submittals, and work plans are in place to facilitate work as scheduled.
- Recognize, identify, and manage Change.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Enable alignment of people, targets, and activities within the project through recurrent meetings on the project, program, and portfolio levels.
- Foster efficient alignment with internal and external stakeholders including other department project participants.
- Enable team members to link individual projects to the overall program and portfolio performance through regular reporting, meetings, and personal interaction.
- Support strategy alignment and execution by ensuring projects in themselves and overall are aligned with the sector’s and NEOM’s 2030 vision and annual strategic targets.
- Ensure sector planning on a project, program, and portfolio level is aligned with the agreed strategic, financial, and operational targets.
- Measure and monitor project, program, and portfolio performance of the department against the agreed strategic, financial, and operational targets.
- Support performance management of the department by proactively supporting and constructively
- challenging team members so project outputs are delivered on time, in quality, and within budget.
- Support the efficient allocation of accountabilities and responsibilities at the project, program, portfolio, and strategy levels to ensure delivery of the agreed targets
Processes & Tools
- Use the right tools to enable alignment and performance management on projects, programs and
- portfolio level, to automate performance monitoring and standardize reporting.
- Regular reporting to management
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Hands-on experience in project and/or program management
- Knowledge of project management processes, standards, techniques, and tools as well as program coordination and/or portfolio management
- Practical experience in power transmission, distribution, substations, conversion stations, underground substations constructions, and/or operations would be an advantage
- Strong collaboration skills based on a collaborative and open mindset; ability to build effective working relations with multiple stakeholders, across projects with differing interests
- Strong organization, prioritization, and time management skills to monitor and handle multiple projects at the same time, balance key priorities and meet challenging and changing deadlines
- Strong analytical, structured thinking, and problem-solving skills; thoroughness and ability to deliver quality output
- A high degree of ownership for tasks, the ability to work independently and prioritize tasks in a highly dynamic environment
- Knowledge of MS Office (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); knowledge of other project management software such as Primavera is a plus
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to relocate to the NEOM community in northwest Saudi Arabia
- Experience in the middle east would be desirable
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor or master’s degree in electrical engineering or related engineering discipline
- 12 years of relevant work experience
- Must be fluent in English
To apply for this job please visit career23.sapsf.com.