Lead the rail assurance, readiness, and handover function of the Regional Rail Systems which comprises group mass transit rail, high-speed rail, and freight rail (SPINE and Connector) for NEOM Land Mobility which acts as the internal project sponsor for the successful delivery of the NEOM rail backbone to ensure the Operations and Maintenance organizations are mobilized and ready when the Project is handed over. The necessary certification and licenses are obtained from the relevant authorities (e.g TGA).
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to ensure efficient and capable resources in the NEOM Land Mobility team, as the internal Regional Rail Systems sponsor, and to ensure close coordination with project delivery & contractor teams to achieve safe handover of the assets, mobilization of the O&M organizations and the necessary assurance to obtain Safety Certification and Operating Licences.
- Work closely with the NEOM Land Mobility and Project teams to develop and accept all operating and maintenance data including asset data, Maintenance manuals, safety files, and training plans so that the assets can be handed over to NEOM.
- Work closely with the Shadow and Commercial Operators to ensure that Operating Rules, operating and emergency procedures, training plans, competency requirements, and other necessary deliverables are developed and accepted for Safety Certification.
- Work closely with the Maintenance organization to ensure that maintenance procedures, planning processes, training plans, competency requirements, and other necessary deliverables are developed and accepted for Safety Certification.
- Work closely with the Operations and Maintenance organizations to ensure that Operational Readiness is achieved and demonstrated to support assurance and handover of the assets, the pre-operational planning, organization development, commissioning and trial running, and operations of rail systems through to line opening
- Monitor and report on Handover, Assurance, and Readiness plans.
- Create and manage a system-wide Integrated Hazard Record to support all phases of design and build, testing and commissioning, handover, and the continued maintenance and management of the Railways assets, supported by configuration and risk management processes that safely manage change to the railway.
- Represent NEOM Land Mobility with the Project Delivery teams to ensure appropriate Security, Fire Life Safety, Emergency response, and other safety requirements are included in the design and construction of the railways.
- Direct the requirements for the development and implementation by the project delivery, Operations and Maintenance teams, and contractors of the key processes and practices to effectively control the full verification and validation lifecycle, including but not limited to systems engineering, requirements management, systems integration, configuration management, safety & systems assurance and ensure suitable documentation is produced to support Safety Certification and Operating Licences as required by the TGA or other relevant approval bodies.
- Be the Lead contact for TGA and other relevant approval authorities to ensure all necessary approvals are obtained in a timely fashion to achieve Safety Certification and Operating licenses. This will include support as needed for the development of the railway framework legislation which can include legislation that applies to the field of cross-border passenger and freight transit.
- Work closely with the NEOM Land Mobility and Project teams to provide guidance and input to the systems and safety assurance processes to ensure a safe system that will be put into operation.
- Manage any necessary ISA required to support assurance of operations and maintenance readiness
- Lead the submission and ultimate approval of Safety Certification and Operating Licences as required by NEOM, TGA, and other relevant approval bodies.
Knowledge and Experience
- 15+ years of progressive experience in transit systems operations and maintenance.
- Experience in Handover of major projects to Operating Companies and working with Projects to deliver operations and maintenance information to support readiness and passenger service.
- Experience in Operations and Maintenance readiness planning and delivery including test and Commissioning, trail running, and trial operations
- Experience in managing deliverables is required from project teams to enable adequate assurance and risk management.
- Experience in developing the Safety Certification and Operating Licence strategy and influencing the design, construction, asset management, and operations at the concept and delivery phases for effective submission to regulating authorities.
- Thoroughly understand of risk and configuration management to ensure effective processes are put in place to manage changes in the railway assets, operating rules, and organization.
- Experience in pre-operational planning, organization development, commissioning, and trial running of rail systems from design to delivery phase through line opening.
- Ability to effectively interface with and influence engineering specialists, design managers, construction project managers, Operations managers, Maintenance managers, and Regulators in a competent professional manner.
- Self-starting, ability to work in a complex environment, multitask and meet competing deadlines.
- Ability to present to business and government at the highest level.
Education and Certifications
- A graduate degree, preferably a post-graduate degree, in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent is desirable.
- Fluency in English
- Free Accommodation.
- Free Laundry and housekeeping.
- Free transportation.
- 2 flights per month domestic round trip.
- 1 Annual Travel Allowance.
- Relocation Flight.
- Free Meals ( breakfast, lunch, dinner ).
- Schooling – 60K SAR per child up to 3 children.
- Bonus 20-30% annual (performance based).
- Savings Plan ( Long-term incentive plan ).
- Medical insurance ( VVIP health coverage), for Employees, Family & Parents.
- Annual Leave 30 working days annual.
- Remote Working 24 working days annual.
To apply for this job please visit career23.sapsf.com.