Position: Rail Fleet Manager
Reports to: Head of Rail Operations and Asset Management
Sector: Land Mobility
Job Location: Sharma, NEOM
Lead the rail fleet management function of the Regional Rail Systems which comprises group mass transit rail, high-speed rail, and freight rail (SPINE and Connector) for NEOM Land Mobility which acts as the internal project sponsor for the successful delivery of the NEOM rail backbone to ensure the best operational safety, reliability, and availability of all rail assets.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to ensure efficient and capable resources in the NEOM Land Mobility team, as the internal Regional Rail Systems sponsor, and to ensure close coordination with project delivery & contractor teams to achieve owner-specified asset management requirements and schedules as well as full integration between all transit systems and between transit systems and facilities so that a properly designed, integrated and functioning transit system will be satisfactorily operated.
- Work closely with the NEOM Land Mobility and Project teams to provide operating and maintenance guidance and input to planning, operational and performance requirements and specifications, design of the rail systems (including operation control center, stations, platforms, and depots, etc.) that will enable the optimized operations and maintenance of the rail system.
- Lead the processes to optimize fleet availability through train maintenance planning and depot design.
- Ensuring that design and system information is correct, fit for NEOM’s purposes, and aligned with the expected deliverables of the team to enable effective interdisciplinary information flow (e.g., Maintenance, Procurement, QHSE, Training, Testing, etc.).
- Work closely with the NEOM Land Mobility and Project teams to provide guidance and input to the systems and safety assurance processes to ensure a safe system that will be put into operation.
- Support the development and implementation alongside the project delivery teams and contractors of the key processes and practices to effectively control the full verification and validation lifecycle, including but not limited to systems engineering, requirements management, systems integration, configuration management, safety & systems assurance.
- Oversee and verify as the Project sponsor that all system designs comply with the performance, operational, and maintenance requirements, as well as all applicable codes and standards.
- Lead the set-up and implementation of a data-based predictive fleet management system for rail infrastructure.
- Lead the development of the whole-of-life fleet management strategy and influenced design at the concept phase for effective execution.
- Support the specification of the operations and train interface requirements that maximize all the rail systems and infrastructure maintainability.
- Guide the process to maximize fleet availability by specifying appropriate redundancy and resilience requirements.
- Support the shadow operator during the design and development phase of the project to ensure that the planning and design support the best long-term fleet maintenance performance.
- Support the oversight of the systems integration, testing & commissioning, and acceptance tests, and ensure comprehensive plans are in place timely which include testing forms, procedures for testing, and approval steps, etc. To this end, the Fleet Management Manager will be expected to liaise closely with the Independent Safety Assessors (either Operator or Client), as well as the relevant authorities such as the Saudi TGA.
- Lead the RAMS and train timetable planning activities.
- Lead the preparation of a rule book that optimizes timetable performance and response and recovery. Lead the pre-operational planning, organization development, commissioning, and trial running of trains and rail systems from design to delivery phase through line opening.
- Lead the planning and development of the O&M and performance regime for potential procurement of private operator(s) for the SPINE and Connector. Support as needed the development of the railway framework legislation which can include legislation that applies to the field of cross-border passenger and freight transit.
BACKGROUND, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 15+ years of progressive experience in transit systems operations and maintenance.
- Experience and appreciation of the latest trends in technology related to operations and maintenance.
- Experience in fleet management with cab-based signaling systems that achieved high levels of reliability.
- Experience in data-based predictive fleet management systems for trains.
- Experience in managing deliverables required from project teams to enable effective maintainability.
- Experience in developing the whole-of-life fleet management strategy and to influence design at the concept phase for effective execution.
- Experience in the optimization of fleet availability through train maintenance planning and depot design.
- Experience in the preparation of a rule book that optimizes timetable performance and response and recovery.
- Experience and ability to specify operations and train interface requirements that maximize maintainability.
- Experience and ability to maximize train availability by specifying appropriate redundancy and resilience requirements.
- Thoroughly understand the conditions, causes, and effects of rail disruption or derailment, and degraded mode operations including tasks and tools.
- Experience in pre-operational planning, organization development, commissioning, and trial running of rail systems from design to delivery phase through line opening.
- Ability to effectively interface with and influence engineering specialists, design managers, and construction project managers in a competent professional manner.
- Self-starting, ability to work in a complex environment, multitask and meet competing deadlines.
Ability to present to business and government at the highest level.
- Graduate degree, preferably post-graduate degree, in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent desirable.
- Fluency in English
To apply for this job please visit career23.sapsf.com.