NEOM is a unique global living lab for intelligent, innovative, sustainable, efficient, and effective infrastructure solutions. NEOM’s mobility vision is to support the creation of truly sustainable mobility and integrated land use via urban design and innovative technologies. The underpinned core principles to achieve this vision include on-demand, connected, shared and autonomous mobility services, active mobility and micromobility, electric and zero-emission vehicles, public transit, and rapid transit. NEOM will attract investors to develop, test, and scale innovative solutions to world markets.
NEOM’s Authority is aiming to disrupt the existing models and set a new standard for governance in the world. As the Authority of the Future takes shape, it will focus on being “digitally native,” adaptive, lean, and citizen/business-centric. To achieve this ambitious roadmap, the Rail Projects Liaison Manager will work to connect and coordinate work related to railway regulations and projects to facilitate the introduction of rail mobility services to NEOM. The position will also work as an interface with the national rail regulator.
This role will require extensive interaction with many KSA national and regional government ministries, divisions, departments, and agencies. The Rail Projects Liaison Manager will also coordinate the development of Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) with the Transport General Authority as a rail transportation regulatory authority to ensure that railway standards for freight and passenger rail are coordinated with KSA Railway Standards and follow international standards and regulatory best practices
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing a departmental management structure and roles within the NEOM Mobility division structure, building a team of qualified candidates, and implementing this departmental structure.
- Regulatory guidance
- Connects and coordinates guidance and leadership for railway, policy, and planning in NEOM, on major multi-disciplinary regulatory, railway planning, and policy projects
- Subject matter expertise and Advisory
- Serves as a subject matter expert for regulatory, contractual, and inter-agency best practices for railway systems and infrastructure in the areas of regulatory planning and policy development
- Provides advice to senior management of relevant authorities and business units within NEOM on a range of topics related to railway policy, legislation, regulations, and procurement
- Drive establishment and design of regulatory affairs and rule drafting, using the following criteria:
i) Regulations, Policies & Governance
- Work with the legal team, rail regulators, and the Manager responsible for drafting Rules to develop governance and finalize Rules, Policies, and Standards relating to rail construction and operations
ii) Regulators (People)
- Identify human capital needs for efficient optimization and achievement of the mandate
iii) Stakeholder Interaction & Interface with Base Economy
- Identify areas where cooperation and agreements and segregation of duties are needed for the successful delivery of railway services
- Develop Base Economy and relevant NEOM entity (railway authority, rail projects team for the line, and the NIC Connector and Mobility Sector) contacts to facilitate communications and the cooperative development of processes and policies.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for the following:
- Coordinating with other Mobility Department and NEOM company structures to design and introduce robust and efficient regulatory, policy and governance structures to ensure the development of a high-quality passenger and freight rail service in NEOM
- Promote innovation, connectivity, and entrepreneurial productivity
- Develop oversight frameworks for the introduction of technologies and quality assurance standards
- Set policies and standards for the introduction/implementation of these technologies
BACKGROUND, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
We are looking for an experienced, motivated self-starter who thrives in ambitious, international, and fast-changing environments. A keen interest to work at the forefront of mobility regulations and the future of cities is vital for success in this position.
- Degree in civil engineering, regulatory planning, policy, or in a related field, with emphasis on civil infrastructure and/or rail transportation
- Complete fluency in English and Arabic is required
- 5 years or more of experience in regulatory, engineering, and/or policy-related roles in railway infrastructure, with some background in emerging technology or network projects
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 3 years of experience in policy development, project management, or transport infrastructure programs, especially concerning railways and/or urban rail
- Strong, demonstrated understanding of frameworks, regulatory policies, processes, and practices of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia government, particularly in land transportation and railway policy
- Specific examples of work and project experience in the Middle East region or Saudi Arabia
- High-level communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact with a diverse set of professional disciplines, partners, and stakeholders will be necessary
- Free Accommodation.
- Free Laundry and housekeeping.
- Free transportation.
- 2 flights per month domestic round trip.
- 1 Annual Travel Allowance.
- Relocation Flight.
- Free Meals ( breakfast, lunch, dinner ).
- Schooling – 60K SAR per child up to 3 children.
- Bonus 20-30% annual (performance based).
- Savings Plan ( Long-term incentive plan ).
- Medical insurance ( VVIP health coverage), for Employees, Family & Parents.
- Annual Leave 30 working days annual.
- Remote Working 24 working days annual.
To apply for this job please visit career23.sapsf.com.