The purpose of Resource Planning Lead is to lead and centralize all resource planning and deployment activities across container and non-containerized operations including establishing processes and procedures, roster scheduling, reporting, budget, cost analysis, contracts, service delivery, administrative support, and leadership of the team.
- Manage and deliver resource requirements (Manpower and equipment) in daily operations for container operations, non-containerized operations, and marine services
- Responsible for all port staff rosters and resource-related contracts ensuring they are managed with regard to KSA Labour Laws
- Monitor and ensure cost-effective resource deployment and efficient planning operations to achieve the set KPI
- Prepare forecasts and budgets for dynamic workloads and resource requirements, monitor business change & developing models to improve accuracy
- Constantly review and propose effective shift/roster patterns to match business requirements, with the consideration of flexibility, lead time, cost, and availability
- Train and develop resource planning team to KSA and international standards and achieve set KPI together in the coming expansion
- Collaborate with T&D to develop systems to improve roster scheduling and resource deployment mechanisms to drive down the cost
- Ensure policies and procedures for safety, environment, and security compliance of all related activity areas
- Manage employee performance issues including training, appraisals, discipline, and grievances.
- Actively collaborate with peers in other port workstreams to deliver the best possible service delivery solutions
- Contribute to and develop relationships with outsourcers/contractors and other port-related users ensuring resource supply timely
- Provide administrative support to the port team including but not limited to transportation, accommodation, recruitment, and HR-related items
- To accomplish ad-hoc tasks when requiring
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Supply Chain & Logistics or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years experience in the resource/roster planning role (container and port industry preferable) with 5 years of managerial/supervisory experience
- Solid knowledge in resources planning including roster scheduling, outsourcing contracts, workloads, and resources control and forecast in the port industry
- Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate across the port team and outsourcers/contractors.
- Experience in the labor-intensive industry in the GCC region is a plus
- Able to work round the clock and respond to emergencies/exceptions at any time
- Proven experience in safety, cost, and productivity improvement as well as design and implementation of a new operation procedure for continuous improvement
- Fundamental process development, project management skills
- Have a good command of both written and spoken English,
Arabic speaking is a plus
To apply for this job please visit career23.sapsf.com.