We call ourselves “dreamers and doers” for a reason: we can make happen not just what is possible, but what is impossible. We are collaborating on fresh ideas and new solutions in our engine room of creativity and innovation. By becoming part of our team at NEOM, you will join another top talent in their fields from all over the world. These visionary minds and adventurous spirits were drawn by the chance to make history in creating a place of the future from the ground up.
The Role purpose
To ensure the fair and equitable education of children who face various diagnosed learning disabilities and differences that can be accommodated at NEOM Community School
You will be responsible for teaching groups of students with mild or moderate special learning needs or disabilities. You will modify the existing curriculum on basic subjects (e.g. math, writing) to meet each student’s learning requirements and build individual lesson plans tailored to their specific needs. You will support students presenting with EAL. You will also discuss with parents, teachers, and support staff important matters that might impede/support students’ progress. You will help and inspire children to achieve important learning milestones. To achieve this, you will:
- Assess children’s skills and learning requirements, supporting teachers to plan for inclusive learning
- Develop individual education plans (IEPs) according to students’ learning needs.
- Research, develop and provide activities and resources that can be easily adapted to each child’s educational requirements.
- Collaborate with Counselors, Therapists, Psychologists; Parents; classroom teachers to help children learn, develop and socialize.
- Collaborating with parents and school staff to track students’ progress
- Adapt learning materials to students’ needs
- Keep track of and reflect on students’ progress
- Monitor children’s behavioral patterns and arrange appropriate interventions if needed
- Find engaging activities to teach skills (e.g., through the arts, alternative modalities, etc.)
10. Manage classroom crises and resolve conflict
Skills and experience
Degree level of education (Advanced Degree preferred)
To apply for this job please visit career23.sapsf.com.