The purpose of the Senior Enterprise Architect is to ensure the Energy, Water & Food sector business strategy uses the right technology systems to achieve its goals. The Senior Enterprise Architect will play a pivotal leadership role in defining the digital strategy for the Energy, Water & Food sector and it will be instrumental in ensuring the delivery of a fully integrated, automated & intelligent digital platform supporting the full value chains of the Energy, Water & Food sector.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Play an instrumental role in defining the EWF digital strategy and as an outcome of that design a digital platform target architecture that is capable to successfully support the whole EWF business.
- Translate the digital platform target architecture into an actionable, multi-year implementation roadmap.
- Act as the architectural design & quality assurance authority with the purpose to ensure the implementation of the EWF digital platform is in line with the overall defined EWF digital strategy (eg. build as designed).
- Develop specific domain architecture, technology & policy standards that the development of the digital platform needs to adhere to.
- If the situation requests it, being able to execute small/medium projects.
- Be abreast of the latest industry & technology trends to determine possible opportunities to apply them to EWF digital platform.
- Seek opportunities to continuously improve the overall functioning of the EWF digital platform, from a cost, organization & technology point of view.
- Work closely together with the EWF Security Officer and NEOM’s CISO Office to ensure the EWF digital platform complies with all the applicable data & cybersecurity standards.
- Work closely together with T&D Sector & Corporate IT to ensure the delivery of a well-integrated and functioning digital platform for EWF.
- Actively contribute to the establishment of a Neom-wide Architecture Governance model that ensures overall alignment and minimum rework between the different Neom sectors/dept with regard to developing the cognitive/digital city of Neom.
- Act as delegate authority for the EWF Head of IT.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in IT related field.
- Enterprise Architect Certified.
- Proven track record of success
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in architecture related roles and > 8 yrs. experience in being end responsible for the enterprise architecture function within preferably an international organization.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in working within the utility industry (e.g. energy & water).
- Proven track record in defining and implementing EA strategies.
- Extensive experience with enterprise architecture best practices in both a Prince2 and Agile organizational/project context.
- Proven experience in domains such as billing, big data, AI, IoT, and Machine Learning.
- Strong experience & latest knowledge of available integration technologies/patterns and BPM solutions.
- Strong understanding & experience with different solution delivery methods (eg prince2, Agile, etc) and tools (e.g. dev/ops, CI/CD, etc).
- Experience in acting as design & quality assurance authority during the design & delivery of IT solutions.
- Experience in managing 3rd party vendors both onsite & remote.
- Experience in the field of data management/architecture is an advantage.
- Strong knowledge & experience with (architecture) frameworks such as the IT4IT Reference Model, TOGAF, OSI Model, Reference Architecture Model for Industry 4.0, COBIT.
- Proven knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture and solution design patterns.
- Strong knowledge of Utility industries & business processes.
- Strong understanding of the latest technologies used in designing digital platforms.
- Strong understanding of IT process and project frameworks such as Cobit4, ITIL, Prince2, and importantly Agile.
- Sound understanding of application development methods & tools.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, and motivational skills.
- Ability to craft alliances and positively influence peers and stakeholders.
- Successful in steering & coaching direct colleagues.
- Be a leader in innovation and have the ability to successfully introduce new technology capabilities.
- High personal energy, active approach with a can-do mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a diverse scope of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to operate in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Ability to bring innovative ideas from inception to actual implementation.
- Flexibility to work in the relatively unstructured environment of a start-up.
Good written and spoken English.
To apply for this job please visit career23.sapsf.com.