NEOM Energy Sector is looking for a Senior Manager to deliver the project management function related to HVAC substation projects in terms of governance, risk management, budget, schedule, quality, health & safety, and progress reporting. The potential candidate should be highly experienced in managing HVAC substation projects in complex delivery setups, ideally in Saudi Arabia or at least the GCC countries. Due to the strong interlinkage with Saudi Electric Company as a fulfillment partner, Arabic language skills or better Saudi origin would be preferred. He/ She should have a strong track record in delivering under his full responsibility T&D projects north of 500MUSD,
Key Accountabilities and Activities
Management of Project Portfolio
- Analyzing together with his team contractual obligations that need to be managed by NEOM/ENOWA internally to fulfill major obligations in the timely delivery of projects.
- Following up on pending obligations and internal project management
- Proactive progress, cost, and schedule control of the supply chain partners selected.
- Interfacing with all relevant internal and external stakeholders needed for the timely delivery of assets under the CAPEX program.
- Proactive management of site safety standards in close cooperation with the ENOWA HQSE.
- Report on project-related implementation risks, providing input to risk management plans and risk analyses to the TSO management.
- Prepare relevant documentation, and reports, and maintain the databases required during the project implementation phase.
- Prepare presentations for the NEOM Energy executive management at different phases of TSO projects
- Develop all necessary official and unofficial communication channels to manage complex projects in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Tools and Processes
- Support and work closely with the Director of Programme Delivery on setting up a full integrate reporting on all relevant project aspects like risks, financials, progress, HQSE
- Drive the implementation of state-of-the-art reporting and controlling processes as specified by the relevant stakeholders
- Support ENOWA Management in the realization of its vision to build a state-of-the-art management culture in the Project Management Function
- Inspire confidence and urgency within the group and foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Define, procure, and follow up on internal and external training initiatives for the team
- Recruit and develop the team of Project Managers and Project Engineers further
Interfacing with Suppliers and Stakeholders
- Main Supply Chain Partners and Contractors (including Saudi Electric Company Group)
- Different NEOM departments
- External organizations such as SEC, KSA Government Agencies, Energy solution providers
- A proven track record of dynamic and successful project management leadership ideally in the Transmission Sector
- Evidence of managed large-scale transmission projects accumulating north of 500MUSD
- A proven track record of contract negation and techno-commercial proposal preparation
- Ideally, Saudi origin, Arabic language skills preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of standards, procedures, and grid codes including knowledge or affiliation with committees and regulatory organizations across the power sector globally
- A visionary mindset, ready to challenge and advance the energy sector
- Ability to understand and influence tactical issues in complex supply chain setups
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline preferably in electrical engineering
- A Master’s in Business Administration is a plus
- Minimum 12 years of relevant experience
- 8 of those in a leadership position in complex project management
To apply for this job please visit careers.neom.com.