Coordinate with all relevant sections within the NEOM company and Authority with a strong emphasis on the NEOM Energy and Water Co. and the Infrastructure function of the Authority. Build strong relationships with KSA bodies, particularly with Ministry of Energy, Ministry of Industry and WERA. Ensure the strategic planning of the Sustainable Fuels function, coupled with regulations and policies enable the energy sector to establish itself and attract investment in Energy and wider industry to make NEOM the best place in the world to live and do business whilst achieving the goals of a sustainable zero carbon region and existing in harmony with nature. Ensure NEOM builds a robust Energy sector based on the following:
Energy activities regulations and policies
- Establish and enable a regulatory framework to govern Hydrogen policy considerations
- Establish the rules and procedures relating to Hydrogen as appropriate and required
- Ensure no regulatory leaks by use of broad regulatory capability
- Ensure regulatory alignment with other functions and departments on relevant topics
Energy technology & standards
- Ensure the required technical standards are established in a timely manner
- Input into Hydrogen quality standards
- Adopt innovative standards and processes to drive efficiencies
- Ensure the policies encourage and drive investment
- Supervise the publication of relevant technical white papers related to hydrogen
- Represent NEOM at relevant conferences and tradeshows to make it more attractive to investors
- Attend industry workshops
- Organize technical roundtables regularly at NEOM
- Contribute to NEOM content regarding Energy innovations
- Promote Energy’s activities’ awareness throughout NEOM and socialize all innovative aspects
Energy Technology Alignment and Investment(s)
- Maintain strong relationships with officials from the base economy entities, particularly MoE/ WERA
- Liaise with Department of Communications Divisions especially with Communication Infrastructure head
- Engage with partner startups and JV companies
- Liaise with user groups and relevant NEOM-based industry organizations
- Represent NEOM at relevant local and international organizations
- Collaborate with Research institutions and Universities, Accelerators, and Incubators
- Fund research and technological advancements in Energy tech
BACKGROUND, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The following skills, levels of experience, and qualifications are recommended for this role:
- Deep understanding of hydrogen (electrolyzers, ammonia plants and ammonia export facilities) required, both in a technical and operative manner
- Technical background in fuels and hydrogen throughout entire value chain (upstream – midstream – downstream)
- Degree in Energy, engineering and management or in a related field.
Qualifications and Experience.
- 8- 12 years of experience in Energy related leading roles in regulation or operations, with some background in emerging technology or policy projects
- 7 plus years of supervisory experience in public or private sector organizations in project management, operations and energy programs including effective management of large budgets and regulatory compliance
- Demonstrated experience in hydrogen projects and/or research, policy creation and execution of energy policies is preferred.
- Free Accommodation.
- Free Laundry and housekeeping.
- Free transportation.
- 2 flights per month domestic round trip.
- 1 Annual Travel Allowance.
- Relocation Flight.
- Free Meals ( breakfast, lunch, dinner ).
- Schooling – 60K SAR per child up to 3 children.
- Bonus 20-30% annual (performance based).
- Savings Plan ( Long-term incentive plan ).
- Medical insurance ( VVIP health coverage), for Employee, Family & Parents.
- Annual Leave 30 working days annual.
- Remote Working 24 working days annual.
To apply for this job please visit careers.neom.com.