One of the key pillars within this vision concerns putting Sports at the center of a health lifestyle. We want NEOM to be the most active community in the world, a place where citizens and visitor alike engage in healthy, active lives. This will be done through:
• Integrating activities and facilities into daily routines
• Providing a varied and comprehensive offering of events and activities
• Fostering links to education, entertainment and tourism activities
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving this vital part of our strategy, including:
• In partnership with colleagues and external parties, developing a robust, data-driven and in-depth strategy for participation in sport and physical activity for all in NEOM.
• Establishing a calendar of local sports events in NEOM, in the short and long-term, to promote sport and activity to its citizens throughout the year.
• Identifying and building relationships with key stakeholders: national and international federations, the fitness industry, health sector etc. Developing these into lasting, mutually beneficial partnerships.
• Assisting with the design and development of our community sport stadia, venues and facilities.
• Assisting with the urban design of an active NEOM, including outdoor gyms, running & cycling paths, city walkability.
• Ensuring due regard is given to diversity and inclusion in all participation activities, so that everyone, regardless of who they are, can enjoy the benefits of an active life.
• Ensuring due regard is given to capturing data on all participation initiatives and activity to allow for progress reviews and leveraging of learnings.
• Educating and advocating the relevance and value of sport and activity within the organization.
• Work with internal partners, specifically the Health & Wellbeing team and the private sector on active digital lives, a project to ensure that NEOM embraces all opportunities to promote a healthy and active lifestyle to its citizens through technology (e.g. virtual reality gyms).
• Partnering with the Education team to ensure that sport is embedded into schools (coaching, facilities, NEOM educational curricula, schools sports leagues).
• Establishing a funding model for all participation related activities and identifying sources of investment and potential investors.