NEOM Energy and Water Company (ENOWA) is looking for candidates with experience in Gas turbine and thermal reciprocating engine power stations.
The scope will extend to all auxiliaries such as fuel handling of various types (gas /Liquid) and major substations (380KV/132kV/33kV).
NEOM is also mandated to run these power stations on 100% renewable fuels. Some understanding of this would be advantageous.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Planning and Strategy
- Contribute to the planning activities of the Gas turbine power plant development.
- Contribute to the technical design and implementation of ENOWA power stations.
- Help develop strategic objectives and goals by implementing near, medium-, and long-term solutions at the lowest costs
- Contribute to the Power Station projects, including the construction of the power station, transmission substations, power station automation, and SCADA systems throughout its lifecycle from the conceptual stage to the completion
- Contribute to the design studies with the internal/external consultants and design teams
- Provide review feedback in time and proactively engage with both internal and external stakeholders for the resolution of review feedback
- Prepare project estimates, budgets, schedules, and execution plans
- Help develop and implement standards, guidelines, and best practices to ensure the comprehensive delivery of expert services, systems, and outcomes. Some new standards may need to be developed, particularly around 100% hydrogen-run engines and fuel handling in the power station.
- Maintains project records, documentation, and communication with internal/external stakeholders
Interfacing with Government Agencies and Investors
- Develop synergy with local and international organizations and OEMs with involvement in design and simulation tools to keep NEOM up to date. Interface with the Saudi Electric Company (SEC) and National Grid (NG) to connect power stations to the grid.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
Demonstrated experience in projects involving one or some of the following areas:
- Planning activities of the power stations, transmission, distribution system design, control system, and fuel handling systems for Thermal power stations.
- Part of Managing the concept design and design development activities e.g., pioneering, feasibility studies, substation, and fuel systems designs.
- Knowledge of the Design and construction of Power stations 380kV/132 kV substations, 132/33 kV substations, underground cabling infrastructure, Power station automation and control
- Development of the owner’s requirements and technical specifications of the major substation equipment
- Should be able to write Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Scope of work, scopes of supply, various technical studies, and/or design works reports.
- Selection of the equipment e.g., Management activities including tracking budgets, status and milestone reports, and stakeholder interactions
- Design and execute test plans, build, and qualify test apparatus for use, document methods and assumptions and prepare reports and presentations
- Must be able to develop and understand single-line diagrams & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), bill of material, and perform hazards analyses (HAZOP)
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Attitude is very essential in this position.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical or electromechanical engineering
- A minimum of 5-10 years of relevant experience
To apply for this job please visit careers.neom.com.