Working closely with the Director of Sustainability, this key appointment will support the development and implementation of NEOM’s sustainability program for the supply chain and resources management, critical to achieving a circular economy and promote a sustainable and ethical supply chain. The role covers:
- Sustainability Policy, Standards, and Procedures
- Sustainable Supply Chain
- Resources and Waste Management
- Hazardous Materials and Waste Management
- Monitoring, Auditing, and Improving Sustainability Performance
- Team Management
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Transition Planning
This is a key appointment by the organization and reflects the importance of a clear and ambitious vision and a strong regulatory system of governance to ensure the program is delivered to the highest international standards. The Sustainability Manager will lead a team of sustainability and waste management specialists covering topics such as circular economy policies, resources, and waste management, recycling, collection, and safe disposal, and charged with managing the regulatory system. This team will be supported as necessary by external consultants and specialists appropriate. Other departments will provide other services such as urban planning, engineering, legal, marketing, and business and financial expertise.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Establish and implement a sustainable supply chain and resources management program
- Develop sustainability policy, standards, and procedures for the program
- Contribute to the advancement of the circular economy objectives for NEOM
- Manage direct reports, appointed specialists and consultants
- Establish stakeholder relationships to support the function
- Support the division transition planning and achieve readiness
- Monitor sustainability performance
- Manage a team of specialists and support consultants
The Sustainability Manager will cover topics (from a regulatory perspective) such as circular economy, waste management, recycling, treatment, collection, storage, disposal, extended producer responsibility, sustainable supply chain standards, eco-design, LCAs, etc.
- Oversee, develop and implement a sustainable supply chain and resources management program
- Develop, review, and continuously support the improvement of a world-class regulatory framework that includes sustainability standards, technical guidelines, policies, procedures, and frameworks addressing topics such as sustainable resource use, resources efficiency, EPR, Eco Design, sustainable procurement, sustainable supply chain standards, monitoring & reporting, traceability, products passport, etc.
- Develop, review, and improve supporting instruments to implement regulations such as methodologies, tools, templates, procedures, and dashboards
- Provide expert advice on leading regulatory approaches and international best practices about sustainable supply chain and resources management (e.g., zero plastic, EPRs, Eco Design standards, Eco-labeling, suppliers and products databases, material/ product passport, waste management, resources recovery, hazardous materials, hazardous waste)
- Develop, review, and improve tools to meet regulatory requirements (e.g., sustainable supply chain registry & database, sustainable products database)
- Support the transformation of the sustainable construction materials market
- Provide support for the transition into sustainable development and alignment with the UN SDGs
- Track progress against NEOM sustainability requirements and regulatory tools, and monitor progress on sustainability performance
- Support with the development of monitoring tools, and undertaking of audits to ensure compliance with the sustainability regulatory requirements
- Manage and implement projects and initiatives related to sustainability of the supply chain, materials/ products, resources, and waste management, hazardous materials, and waste management
- Implement project controls to ensure that objectives are met in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Prepare consultant’s statements of work and prepare tender plans for projects, and oversee the delivery
- Provide support to cross-functional projects and programs related to the program
- Participate in strategic planning sessions and technical reviews
- Propose initiatives and work collaboratively to help achieve the sustainability and circularity objectives
- Communicate regularly, developing strong relationships across the organization and stakeholders
- Lead workshops to solicit input from NEOM’s sectors and departments and NEOM’s stakeholders as needed
- As required, support the improvement of the implementation of sustainability standards in coordination with other divisions
- Liaise with other NEOM Authority Departments (e.g., Legal, Planning & Municipal Affairs, etc.) to align NEOM Authority standards with international best practice
- Support the transition of the NEOM Authority from set-up through to operating as a world-class governing authority
- Support day-to-day operations of the team
- Supporting the development of a high-performance culture of excellence, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Setting performance objectives with direct reports, providing necessary support, evaluating/appraising, and providing regular feedback on performance
BACKGROUND, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
The Sustainability Manager should have a track record in developing/ supporting government departments, programs, and policies, with public policy and technical networks in the fields of environment and/or sustainability.
The candidate must have:
- Experience working on major- or, preferably, mega-projects
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in sustainability, circular economy initiatives and resources, and waste management best practices
- Experience in sustainable supply chain and/or procurement – especially for large construction projects and operations is desirable
- Generally knowledgeable of circular economies, sustainable and ethical supply chains, resources, and waste management
- Conversant with the current work of international organizations/ frameworks on sustainability and circular economy
- Understanding of Eco Design, Eco-labeling, LCAs, and Sustainability/ ESG reporting is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sharp analytical skills and scientific-based orientation to problem-solving
- Skilled in project management and coordination
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Skills in training and mentoring staff
- Ability to work in complex organizations and collaborate across a matrix organization
- Enthusiastic, honest, personable, positive attitude, punctuality, and accuracy
- Passion for sustainability
Qualifications and Experience.
- MSc. in Environmental Science/ Environmental Policy/ Waste Management/ Sustainability or related
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in environment/ sustainability fields, preferably with experience in the Middle East
- Free Accommodation.
- Free Laundry and housekeeping.
- Free transportation.
- 2 flights per month domestic round trip.
- 1 Annual Travel Allowance.
- Relocation Flight.
- Free Meals ( breakfast, lunch, dinner ).
- Schooling – 60K SAR per child up to 3 children.
- Bonus 20-30% annual (performance based).
- Savings Plan ( Long-term incentive plan ).
- Medical insurance ( VVIP health coverage), for Employees, Family & Parents.
- Annual Leave 30 working days annual.
- Remote Working 24 working days annual.
To apply for this job please visit career23.sapsf.com.