Primary role: to direct and manage all tax direct and indirect tax matters (including international tax) related to ENOWA, whilst directly reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and/or relevant finance director of ENOWA
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Lead the tax advisory function of ENOWA from a direct, indirect, and international tax perspective concerning projects in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and/or abroad.
- Develop, lead and maintain a best-in-class tax governance framework for ENOWA by ENOWA and NEOM tax policies.
- Develop, lead and maintain a transfer pricing policy for ENOWA, including filing all applicable transfer pricing documentation with the ZATCA (where required) and maintaining relevant documentation for purposes of audit inquiry from the ZATCA and/or other relevant authorities.
- Develop, lead and maintain the carbon credit policy for tax purposes of ENOWA by the regulatory framework and market conditions underpinning the voluntary carbon credit market.
- Support and advise tax compliance processes undertaken by the NEOM tax team (withholding, value-added tax, and Zakat) and mitigate against applicable tax risks that were identified for ENOWA, whilst ensuring compliance with relevant tax laws both locally and internationally.
- Advise and structure the ENOWA group in respect of projects both within and outside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, including jurisdictions such as the United States of America (USA) and the United Kingdom (UK).
- Engage with finance and higher management of ENOWA concerning key strategic decisions from a tax perspective, to ensure alignment with key commercial objectives of the business.
- Advise on the tax implications for major projects in respect of engineering, construction, and procurement (EPC) contracts, Operation and Maintenance (O&M) agreements, including various other construction-related agreements from a tax perspective.
- Develop and advise on the group structure of ENOWA and its related businesses (energy, water, hydrogen, district cooling).
- Engage and requesting advanced rulings from the ZATCA on an ad-hoc basis were required to provide clarity from a tax perspective.
- From a tax perspective, lead and manage the advisory relationships with external tax advisors and interact with other transaction advisors on ENOWA projects, whilst providing key tax advice at various junctures of the project.
- Meet periodically with NEOM HQ to align policies and procedures of NEOM from tax compliance and regulatory perspective (i.e., assist in projects of common alignment such as tax code automation, etc.,).
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in tax, financial management, and reporting or related fields
- Experience in coordinating internal and external audits
- Experience in the Middle East or KSA environment and in coordinating engagements of accounting, and financial advisors
- Ability to design and implement robust accounting processes and control activities
- Excellent organizational, time-management, logical reasoning, and numeric skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Works effectively on multiple activities, setting priority levels and service delivery standards
- Adapts to short timescales and changing deadlines ensuring high standards are not compromised under pressure
- Solutions based on strong planning, organizational and numerical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Experience in building and managing a strong team in a multicultural environment.
- Experience in Energy and Water Utilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related fields
- CFA or CPA
To apply for this job please visit careers.neom.com.