Investing in and implementing digital innovations across the energy value chain is critical for NEOM Energy & Water (E&W) to achieve its vision to create a first-of-its-kind, 100% renewable, and carbon-free energy system.
NEOM is looking for an experienced candidate to play an important role in shaping the firm’s global venture investment and partnership activities. As part of the newly formed venture team, the Ventures Associate will be integral to implementing NEOM Energy’s strategic innovation activities. The position is based in NEOM, Saudi Arabia.
The candidate should be a natural relationship builder with solid investment or corporate finance experience, plus an interest in the renewable energy and technology sector. Professional experience at a fast-growing technology company is preferred – experience in the energy industry is not necessary.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with startups to explore new investment/partnership/JV opportunities and to facilitate continuous operations with E&W
- Identify and structure operational synergy opportunities between NEOM and innovative ventures
- Act as the primary point of contact between technology firms and E&W
- Support all aspects of the investment process including sourcing, financial modeling, due diligence, negotiation, and investment committee presentations for new and follow-on investments
- Prepare and present supporting material for new investment proposals
Business development & Portfolio management
- Provide project management and implementation support for strategic Energy sector projects
- Monitor operational performance of portfolio firms and identify value-add opportunities
- Work with portfolio companies to help identify and evaluate synergies across the parent ecosystem, which may include business units, customers, partners, and the employee base
- Facilitate efficient portfolio company/parent partner engagement by acting as liaison or project manager
- Define and track overall value-add KPIs for the portfolio, along with project-level success metrics
Reporting & Communications
- Communicate NEOM’s role and value-add to the innovation ecosystem
- Establish and maintain deep networks in the start-up and venture capital communities, industry, and innovation centers
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training for junior colleagues and conduct knowledge-sharing sessions
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- University degree from a global top-tier university, MBA, and/or advanced technical degree advantageous
- Willingness to relocate to NEOM, Saudi Arabia
- Available to travel internationally
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of professional work experience
- Either of the two:
- 2 to 3 years in direct investing experience at a highly active (corporate) venture capital firm
- 2 to 3 years in corporate finance/investment banking
- Operational background highly preferred, especially in energy or high-growth technology company
- Experience in financial modeling and data analytics, relevant certifications are an advantage
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to work in a consultative manner with ecosystem participants
To apply for this job please visit career23.sapsf.com.