AECOM is currently seeking Construction Manager for NEOM project. The Construction Manager will serve as a part of the Client representative/PMC team within a FIDIC contract with a third party supervising “Engineer of Record”, for all matters related to the management of the construction progress, it’s sequencing, timeline, quality and SH&E, much of the candidates time will be spent on site driving progress. Providing support to the site Construction teams to mitigate the risk that might affect project delivery.
- Monitor the work of all site operations of the Contractor(s).
- Monitor project baseline programme and work progress including milestone dates. Take corrective action with the Engineer & Contractor to drive to completion.
- Monitor the contractor’s progress and assist in the preparation progress reports to the Client.
- Assist at the weekly progress review, SH&E meetings and other progress meetings held at the site.
- Review the start-up, testing, final commissioning activities, after reviewing by Engineer.
- Monitor and drive the final completion of the work and all punch lists.
- Participate in the final inspections of the work with the Engineer and Client.
- Recommend acceptance of the completed work to Client after receiving the same from the Engineer.
- Liaise with the hotel Operator with regard to the occupation of the property
- Communicate with the Project Director and Site Management team continuously regarding the project progress on site.
- Applying a tactical influence, persuasion and pressure to Contractor(s) to ensure the project milestones related to key deliverables are met and exposure to AECOM liability is kept to a minimum.
- Reviewing weekly and monthly reports presented by the contractor on comments of non-compliance, areas of concern and corrective actions.
- Advising the management of any foreseen slippage of progress and propose corrective actions.
- Continuous visits to project site for monitoring of site activities in respect of quality, safety and progress and advise manager representatives of findings, area of concern and corrective action.
- Reviewing and monitoring the contractor’s proposed construction equipment and manpower histogram and advise on any shortage.
- Leading the PMC in reviewing and implementing pre-commissioning and commissioning plans and following all up at the site.
Specific Skills Required
- Primavera P6 understanding/competence
- Good understanding of labour outputs
- Experience of works methodologies & sequencing
- Strong SH&E experience
- Understanding of all major construction activities
- Time served to deliver projects with a contractor
- Project closeout experience
An ideal candidate should have a minimum of 15 years’ overall Construction Management experience with hands on time with the delivery of large scale construction projects and in particular high rise and hospitality projects with extensive fit-out works – at least 10 years’ experience in contracting
Bachelor’s Degree in Building, Civil Engineering or Project / Construction Management is preferred.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come.
We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership.
Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighbourhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Construction Management
Business Line Construction Services
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country Saudi Arabia
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 220081BR
Clearance Required No