We are looking for exceptional Project Directors to lead and work on a diverse range of projects. This role offers you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be part of developing, creating and delivering three new smart cities in Saudi Arabia – Qiddiya Entertainment City, NEOM, and the Red Sea Project.
As a Project Director, you will be responsible for leading the project team and managing the supply chain to deliver projects on time, meeting cost and quality targets. You will be responsible for the overall performance, including contractual, financial and technical aspects of projects, you will also be accountable for the performance of sub-contracting entities with regards to the contracted scope of work/services.
Your responsibility will include building trusted relations with the management team, client’s counterpart staff and all stakeholder groups. Planning and optimizing resources required for project delivery, actively supporting staff professional development, driving a safety practice and culture will also be part of your role.
You will be setting up the vision and targets for the evaluation, selection and adoption of management and control techniques, procedures and criteria to suit job tasks. As a problem-solver, you will devise and implement solutions to problems encountered by leading the project teams.
- Act as AECOM representative for client liaison and management, represent the company in client meetings
- Lead the delivery (time, cost, quality) of the design, construction and operations programs
- Lead the implementation and maintain a very high level of safety awareness to ensure compliance
- Lead the administration of the applicable contracts
- Develop and maintain a communications plan for all project stakeholders, regularly update in conjunction with project team and client
- Present progress and package issues to the client, lead the production and reporting on overall project program and actions required
- Communicate critical path activities that will influence key milestones
- Ensure critical internal milestones are incorporated into the program
- Discuss changes to the scope of work with a client and key stakeholders
- Follow up on instructions and commitments associated with the project
- Set up project execution plan, health & safety plan, quality control plan and other documents in relation to the scope
- Establish program requirements for all areas of the project and monitor site staff performance
- Plan, direct, supervise and control the execution of all technical, fiscal and administrative functions of the project and the site team
- Manage the planning and resource allocation for the project and identify resource requirements for the effective delivery of the project scope
- Assign responsibility to key subordinates in their fields of expertise
- Provide input to performance reviews and develop plans for subordinates
- Work with managers, project engineers and discipline heads to develop budgets, schedules and plans for the various elements of the project
- Establish internal weekly meetings to review project status and formulate action items
- Commercial understanding and administration of the project operating and legal documents
- Production of project reports including, monthly and quarterly reports
- Ensure compliance with AECOM corporate governance and Integrated Management System.
- Our clients really value the experience and expertise that our employees bring to their projects. This is particularly the case in KSA where our clients often request previous AECOM or legacy company experience. If you have previous AECOM or legacy company experience, really want to be able to make a difference whilst working on some truly incredible projects and would like to explore the possibility of returning to AECOM we would love to hear from you.
- Minimum 20 years’ senior management experience in building, construction or infrastructure environment, plus 5 years of experience in a senior technical position with a broad engineering background
- Experience in leading major government and/or semi-government programs and projects
- Maintain stakeholder relations with utility providers, private and public sector stakeholders
- Proven track record of delivering project excellence in a direct project/program management role, and overseeing project control (cost, schedule, scope and trends), environment, health and safety, risk management, contracts, procurement and financial management, and quality assurance
- Demonstrate experience of executing and delivering successful large-scale engineering projects at regional and/or global level.
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline civil / mechanical / electrical / structural / construction project management / industrial engineering
- PMP, APM or an equivalent accreditation
- Membership of a chartered institution MICE/ MCIOB/ MRICS
- Proven track record of instituting project excellence models and best practices, including capacity building and talent development (KSA experience preferred)
- Seasonal experience and knowledge of local authority processes, procedures, codes and regulations.