We are looking for exceptional Project Managers to lead on the delivery of projects which will transform the lives of thousands of citizen across Saudi Arabia. Three new smart cities are being built in the desert – Qiddiya Entertainment City, NEOM, and the Red Sea Project and being part of their development is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
As the Project Manager, you will report directly to the Project Director and be responsible for the management and delivery of assigned projects. You will coordinate with other project teams based in the region to deliver projects on time, within budget and adhere to the scope of work.
A key element of this role is to share knowledge, best practice and lessons learned with stakeholder groups. We expect the Project Manager to effectively implement project management standards and best practices across all stakeholder groups – staff, consultants, contractors and third parties. You will also establish clear communication protocol to increase transparency within operations and set up the reporting framework to ensure on-time deliverables against critical paths and key milestones.
- Day-to-day oversight of project functions – engineering, project control, contracts, procurement, health & safety, security & environmental, risk management, financial management, and quality assurance
- Plan, direct and supervise project teams, consultants and subcontractor’s performance, in respect of all fiscal and administrative functions of the project and site team
- Manage the entire project lifecycle – starting up, direction/execution, stage control, delivery, project handover, to ensure deliverables met contracted scope, on-time and within budget
- Set up Project Execution Plan and oversee progress/risk/issues; update project progress and report issues to the client team; mitigate risks, resolve conflicts and issue; follow up for instructions and commitments
- Report to management on progress, risks and issues throughout the project lifecycle; manage risks, review of claims, and highlight contractual issues that would affect cost, schedule, performance or client relations
- Collaborate with different functional managers, project engineers and discipline heads to develop budgets, schedules and plans
- Manage weekly internal project meetings to review project status and formulate action items
- Work with contracts and commercial teams to administer the contracts
- Take the leadership position in supporting and implementing the health & safety program, ensure all parties involved fully comply with health and safety obligations
- Maintain and enhance relations with the client and manage stakeholder expectations at all levels
- Engage and maintain relations with utility providers, associated private and public sector stakeholders.
- Our clients really value the experience and expertise that our employees bring to their projects. This is particularly the case in KSA where our clients often request previous AECOM or legacy company experience. If you have previous AECOM or legacy company experience, really want to be able to make a difference whilst working on some truly incredible projects and would like to explore the possibility of returning to AECOM we would love to hear from you.
- Minimum 15 years of project management experience in building, construction or infrastructure environment, plus 2 years’ experience in a senior technical position
- Experience in managing major government and/or semi-government international programs and projects
- Proven experience of delivering successful large-scale engineering projects at regional and/or global level Proven track record of implementing project excellence model and best practices, including capacity building and talent development
- Practice ethical leadership throughout the project and be accessible to all stakeholders.
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline civil / mechanical / electrical / structural / construction project management
- PMP, APM or an equivalent accreditation
- Membership or chartership with a recognized professional institution
- Seasonal experience and knowledge of local authority processes, procedures, codes and regulations.