Support communications and engagement for the Department to ensure the public, communities, and internal and external stakeholders are receiving relevant, timely, and consistent information about the core activities of the Department and Nature Reserve.
Support the governance structures of the Department including the Nature Board, advisory committees, and ad hoc working groups.
Assist with developing Nature Conservation instruments, rules; guidelines, fact sheets, business cases, and protocols. Noting the instruments will be based on the recently completed Nature Conservation Regulation.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES
Governance, Planning, and Policy
- Support the Senior Manager of Governance & Policy in developing instruments and rules (legislative), guidelines, fact sheets, and protocols for the department.
- Experience drafting and/or reviewing rules, legislative instruments, policy and strategy documents, protocols, MoUs, service level agreements, fact sheets, and protocols.
- Understanding of protected area management, natural resource management, environmental protection and/or conservation, and the ability to identify opportunities and risks regarding legislative instruments and other documents.
- Understanding of government and governance
- Understanding or ability to understand policy developments within KSA, the Middle East, and globally; identify issues of relevance for NEOM and its Nature Conservation Agency
- Understanding of or experience as a secretariat or oversight of secretariats to support the Nature Board, advisory committees, and ad hoc working groups
- Experience drafting agendas, planning, and organizing meetings
- Experience organizing workshops and functions is an advantage
- Ability to manage time to deliver all products/services on time and to the required standard
- Assist with risk identification in all work areas of the role.
Policies, Processes, and Procedures
- Support the Department, and work with the NEOM communications division, in developing communications and engagement materials including website content, fact sheets, PowerPoints, media releases, and other materials as required.
- Support the Maine and Land Conservation teams to draft, develop, implement and review strategies, policies, plans, programs and business cases.
- Build relationships with the NEOM communications division and government affairs (for community engagement)
- Act as the secretariat for the Nature Board and advisory committees
- Support ad hoc working groups and committees as required
- Work with consultants on internal and external engagement processes and activities
- Build alliances with internal stakeholders (where required to deliver a product).
- Work as part of the Head Office team to support all divisions in the Department.
- Set performance objectives for tasks.
BACKGROUND, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of experience in a work area related to engagement, communications, policy, strategy and / or governance.
- Experience in a government organization is required.
- Excellent writing skills, including communications and engagement materials, policy documents and instruments.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to plan and organise meetings and events.
- Strong ability to analyse policy documents, regulations and planning instruments
- Experience drafting policies, strategies, plans and / or instruments such as guidelines, protocols and procedures.
- Experience drafting business cases and program management materials is an advantage.
- Knowledge of institutional, financial, governance and legal frameworks.
- Demonstrated program planning abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with protected areas, conservation, species conservation and ecology, and specific knowledge relevant to the Red Sea region is an advantage.
Qualifications and Experience.
- A graduate or Post-graduate degree in communications, government, or other relevant areas is preferred.
- Free Accommodation.
- Free Laundry and housekeeping.
- Free transportation.
- 2 flights per month domestic round trip.
- 1 Annual Travel Allowance.
- Relocation Flight.
- Free Meals ( breakfast, lunch, dinner ).
- Schooling – 60K SAR per child up to 3 children.
- Bonus 20-30% annual (performance based).
- Savings Plan ( Long-term incentive plan ).
- Medical insurance ( VVIP health coverage), for Employees, Family & Parents.
- Annual Leave 30 working days annual.
- Remote Working 24 working days annual.
To apply for this job please visit company.