NEOM is a new vision of what the future could be. It’s an attempt to do something that’s never been done before and it’s coming at a time when the world needs fresh thinking and new solutions. Put simply, NEOM will not only be a destination but a home for people who dream big and who want to be part of building a new model for sustainable living. NEOM will be a hub for innovation, where established global businesses and emerging players can research, incubate, and commercialize groundbreaking technologies to accelerate human progress.
The role is responsible to develop/reviewing airside planning tasks.
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
- Define the airside planning strategy for NEOM airports.
- The Airside Planner will have to perform the following:
- Conduct capacity analysis and define the facility requirements at a master plan level for all airside facilities
- Develop airfield layouts, including runways, taxiways, aprons, and related infrastructure following applicable regulations (ICAO, GACA, etc.)
- Planning and development of conceptual/preliminary design, in coordination with other disciplines
- Review the conceptual/preliminary design or other relevant studies of an external consultant
- Lead/coordinate with airport various experts (e.g. building, environmental, security, BHS) to provide planning support to design studies
- Ensure coordination of the studies with internal experts involved for all technical studies, maintenance works, etc.
- Participation in the tendering process, drafting of the specifications, contractual documents, monitoring, and supervision of service providers, mainly for airside planning projects.
- Produce and assemble the airport planning reports and presentations
- Ensure compliance of the proposed planning options with standards and best practices
- Perform airside compatibility and performance studies, inter alia:
- Standard compliance (ICAO, FAA, etc.) and optimization
- Performance sizing (runway length, RET, etc.)
- Aeronautical studies/obstacles assessment
- Approach / Departure procedures analysis (PANS-OPS/TERPS)
- Aircraft-related performance studies
- Review airside simulation outputs from Consultants
- Perform/review Operational planning (airlines operations, GSE operations, etc.)
- Lead an integrated airport planning approach with all parties involved
Background, Skills & Qualifications:
- 5 to 10 years of experience in Airport Planning
- Strong reference in Airside Planning studies on small/medium/large international and domestic airports
- Operational experience in an airport is a plus.
- Exposure to global aviation standards with GCC / KSA experience is a plus
- Interpersonal skills to build effective relationships internally and externally
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written) and a good command of English and ability to present confidently to small and larger groups
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the main international regulations and recommendations
- Knowledge of the structure of different Industry areas and airport needs
- Knowledge of KSA and Middle East airport market characteristics and needs (incl. regulatory framework)
- Knowledge in programming is a plus
- Demonstrated industry knowledge including business and financial acumen
- Master’s Degree in Engineering from a reputable aviation engineering school.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially MS Project, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Trained in dynamic airside simulation software (CAST Aircraft is a plus, and any other software is appreciated)
- Strong analytical skills
- Teamwork ability
- Autonomy, Curiosity is a must
- Fluent in English; Arabic a plus
To apply for this job please visit career23.sapsf.com.